Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews hidden beach cafe next door paul bunyon down the road trail forest babe mystery wifi
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2021

My son and I stayed at this delightful motel in July of 2021.
Motel Trees is a delightfully "old school" place to stay.
Everything was clean and Julia, the woman who takes care of everything is terrific!
Thank you so very much!

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 8 August 2021

This motel is a very well kept 1950's era road side inn. I live in Eureka and was just seeking a night of respite where I could eat a nice dinner, read and enjoy getting out of town for a little bit.

The room is an extremely good value. On a Saturday night during the summer my room was $89.00 and with tax it came out to under $100. If you're comparing this to the cost of rooms in Crescent City or Eureka right now you'll realize what a value this is. Rooms in Crescent City were a minimum of $100 at much less desirable properties.

The room was immaculate. The lines in the carpet from the vacuum made me confident that every effort had been taken to leave the room immaculate. The nicest aspect of the room was how nicely remodeled the bathroom and shower were. There was also thoughtful care taken to install high privacy glass in the bathroom windows.

The property was well kept and include nice landscaping. I also ordered dinner from the Forest Cafe which is adjacent to the hotel. I wanted to eat in my room and the restaurant was thoughtful enough to include a regular dining plate and utensils with my to-go packaged Steak, Potato, Broccoli and Salad.

Rooms at the nearby Holiday Inn were $300. I've stayed there in the past and for the value this hotel is much much better.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 26 July 2021

Motel trees is wonderful, will be going back again.
WIFI connection is hit or miss.... didn't really miss, was great to disconnect & unplug..
Staff Julie & Laurie were the best, if you needed anything, anything at all & they can provide it they will...
Room was quaint & perfect for what I wanted...
Overall, I would recommend Motel Trees to anyone :)

Room tip: Don't wait to book your room :)
Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 15 June 2021

The room was nicely appointed and the beds were very comfortable. Unfortunately the Internet was non-existent. The lady that checked us in said the only place to get a signal was out by the motel sign....yet their website states they have WIFI. I wouldn't have booked this motel is I had known about the lack of WIFI.

We were doing an extended road trip that required me to map our next days drive and confirm our hotel reservations but I wasn't able to to do that, so we had to "wing it" the following day.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

My kids and I stayed at Motel Trees and we had a great experience. While there were no more rooms with two beds we were accommodated within a rollaway. (Yes, the website clearly says there is an extra charge and most places do charge for that). The room was very clean but basic. The bathroom is large and nicely updated. I think people need to keep in mind what this place is and what the price point is. This is throwback roadside motel that has basic amenities, and that is why it is unique. You don’t stay here for strong WiFi and 100 cable channels. The price even in summer is an incredible value at around. $100, you won’t find that at other places along the 101 for that. Now, the front desk lady can come across at times as abrupt or short but I think we need to keep in mind what she is has to deal with everyday. Tons of tourists some with unreasonable expectations of what this place is. It is not going to be a Hilton in the Redwoods and I do appreciate that she is protective of the property and keeps the place clean and safe. I saw in another review that they mentioned she runs a tight ship, and she does but this is why this place is still great and a value to stay at.

Date of stay: May 2021