The Kern Lodge(Kernville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$117
US$113
Corral Creek Lodge(Kernville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Sequoia Lodge(Kernville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$137
US$126
Piazza's Pine Cone Inn(Kernville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$140
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull hookupsthe riverlabor dayrulessitecampgroundsewerofficefirewoodtrailerraftsspotsquartersrunskimfishingcable
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This place is a gem. Very well maintained. The fact that your camp space is freshly raked when you arrive is just a sign that they care.
Everything works well, is clean and this park is way above average as far as upkeep. We have stayed here two times and would not hesitate to do it again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whirnot
Reviewed 1 April 2018

When we went, the lake was still low, so we decided to stay here on the advice of a friend. I am SO glad we did! The staff were exceptionally nice and accommodating given we were there in November. It was COLD and we were the only one's there tent camping, but still had an amazing time. We were right on the Kern river. Can't beat that. The shower's were also great which you certainly don't get at the gen pop campgrounds. We will definitely be back and now that the lake is more or less back to normal - MORE FISHING!!!

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Reading the negative (and positive) reviews I was pleasantly surprised! I'm not sure if the reviews were written to keep everyone else away but what a great place! I gave it four stars only because I wished they had full hook-ups but I see why they can't due to being right on the water.

Stayed over the Labor Day holiday weekend in spot 75. Very clean, staff was very accommodating and the spots are huge!

Immediately upon check-in Kim sent me to my site to setup. Once I dropped the trailer and got the majority of setup done I headed up to the office to finish payment and check-in. They gave me an awesome care package for my dog with two milk bones, baggie and tag "to let security know she belonged in the campground." I think it was just to let everyone know I paid for the dog. All good though. I thought it was thoughtful and my daughter loved the pink tag for our puppy.

Cleanliness throughout the site. All sites were raked clean and bathrooms are very clean (pay quarters for showers - $1 gets you about 6 minutes). They were flooded this past winter when California was drenched so they are still doing some cleanup & repairs to landscaping. Site 75 has direct access to the Kern river and backs up to a shallow creek that runs through the grounds (we called it the lazy river). We sat in the lazy river and next to the river.

At the camp store they sell rafts (free air on site to blow them up), ice, wood and any miscellaneous items you may have not brought/forgot. Everything was reasonably priced.

We were told to keep it down one night. No big deal. We met a couple of other campers and everyone decided our camp was going to be the place. It was about 10:45 so we shifted to the other campers that were right on the river. The river drowns out the voice noise. It's loud at night when they open the dam. If you're late nighters I recommend river side spots.

Didn't use the wifi (heard it sucks anyway - stay disconnected camping anyway). Free cable a plus.

Overall, this is a very nice place. We drove up the mountain everyday to hit my followup reviews (Dome Rock, Nobe Creek Falls, Trail of 100 Giants, Peppermint Creek Falls and Alder Creek Slides(?)). It was nice to come back to camp and have everything clean from a day of hiking.

Room Tip: Full hook ups are in the back. Recommend staying toward the river.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jake S
Reviewed 15 May 2017

This is our second year staying at Camp James (KRS). It is a small campground right on the river. Some sites have full hookups and the most beautiful sites do not have an on site dump. (There is one on the property.) We loved sitting at the river edge watching the rushing water go by. It's walking distance to the town and groceries are nearby without being in town. The staff are very friendly. They have one unusual policy when booking. They take a credit card guarantee but upon arrival you need to pay cash or check. No plastic is taken.

Room Tip: Sites on the water are fabulous, but if you don't like the sound of rushing water, take a site on a stream or back in the full hookup area.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We have camped many times in Camp James but this time we decided to rent a cabin as kids coming for weekend. The cabins are awesome, so beautiful on inside and views outside are amazing. Cabins are nicely appointed and so comfy. King size bedroom was so comfortable with own flatscreen which hubby appreciated. The cabin was spotless and kitchen had everything you need. My family bought sleeping bags for bunk beds and we were set. Office staff were very pleasant and showed us around. This campground is beautiful and so well maintained. The cabins are a bit pricey but so worth it. This year the Kern River is running so high, made for a wonderful 4 days. We will be back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family