All reviews gas fireplace hot tub continental breakfast coffee and pastries rooms are clean fort ross stump beach amazing views great place to stay tim swing coast lodge ocean signal hiking gualala
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Lovely little gem hidden along the coastline. So happy we followed other reviews online and booked a room there. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Room was clean but bathroom could use a little updating/refreshing. The wood floor in the bedroom was nice...made it feel cleaner than having carpet. Beds/pillows were comfy....some of the best we had on vacation. One of the nice little perks was the smell of the sheets and towels. Probably sounds silly, but they didn't smell of regular hotel bleach, they use fabric softener! Went to sleep feeling like we were at home! What a lovely touch! Breakfast was oatmeal, fresh fruits, and packaged pastries....just enough to get us going. Ate supper at the restaurant on site. Very good food, but pricey.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 70polt
Reviewed 27 May 2018

We booked Ocean view on line many months ago and thought at the time that this place looked special. It was. simple but with a host who lives and breaths ensuring the happiness of the guests are paramount. the ordinary rooms are a little small but they are clean and all open onto a view of the pacific. The restaurant is first class -- great selection on the menu. Breakfast is basic but at least gets you off to a start. GPS signal is poor and wifi is slow but I have to be honest I don't have a problem if there was nothing. The coastline with Fort Ross and jenner is great and there are plenty of coves that need exploring. A great coastline that remains generally unexplored -- breathtaking and a privilege to be able to explore.

Room Tip: depends what you want but looks like the king is about right
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank philyndastravels2016
Reviewed 30 January 2018

The sun was just setting and we had no idea where we were going to stay or eat. Then I was making a curve and saw the sign through the trees" Bar and Grill". I was so happy, then I turned in and it said Lodge as well. This was over the top. The dinner overlooking the ocean was fantastic and the staff at the lodge was very accommodating.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gogokayakguy
Reviewed 19 January 2018

The kids and I took an impromptu trip to the coast. The area is stunning! The Ocean Cove provided exactly what we needed - two beds for a great price, a simple breakfast and super friendly staff. The kids enjoyed the swings and slide out front, while I enjoyed the amazing views. Accommodations are clean, nothing fancy, but just what we needed in a place to sleep while we explored the coast. We spent hours on Stump Beach and Gualala Beach. The Ocean Cove is kind of in the middle of nowhere, between Jenner and Gualala. We arrived at night and I was worried we missed it, but one more turn and there it was! We had one meal at the grill, it was good. There are so many more things on my to-do list for this area, I can't wait to go back, and we'll plan to stay at the Ocean Cove again. No cell service and the Internet is ok. Plan to be a bit disconnected - which isn't a bad thing!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the office have better WiFi
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank skikayak
Reviewed 29 October 2017

We stayed one night, the room was kinda pricey but it was a Friday night. The room itself was OK, in need of updating but was clean. There is no cell service and the internet was OK, the view of the ocean is amazing! We ate lunch and dinner at the Bar & Grill. Both were very good and the staff is very good and accommodating. We stayed after our dinner and watched the baseball playoff game from our booth. They have four large TV's, two got switched to the basketball game so accommodated all patrons. The calamari appetizer is handmade from steaks cut into strips and then breaded and cooked, I would recommend this! Actually would recommend the food in general.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple