US$199
US$516
US$346
Official Hotel
  • Pool
AC Hotel by Marriott Irvine(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$230
AC Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsthe concierge loungem clubping pongbusiness hoteljohn wayne airportbeautiful lobbylobby barfront desk stafforange countyhotel restaurantself parkingoatmealnewport beachsna airportbusiness travelsouth coast plazaconvenient location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is right at the heart of the downtown Irvine and a stone throw away distance from the airport making it one of the preferable choices for business travelers. But it is not a regular hotel to stay with family. Some of the basic minimum things when you are travelling with kids are missing. Also beware of the itemized options that add up to your bill. Simple things like parking and wifi you expect to be free in the hotel. But they cost you a fortune. Unless you go for valet parking which is even more expensive ($32 a night I guess), it is very difficult to park and get to your hotel room. One thing I realized it is NOT a hotel when you are travelling with kids. I do recognize that it probably is a very good hotel when you are travelling on business or travelling without family. But that is just my experience.

The other good thing that I have to mention about is the view from our hotel window since we had the room on 14th floor. It was one of the best views of the downtown.

Stayed: June 2018
TeamMarriott, Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Feedmyback,

Many thanks for taking time to post your online review. We're glad our location convinenced you and your family . We appreciate you pointing out not only what you liked, but also the things you would change. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and we are grateful for the feedback. Thanks again, we hope you will choose us the next time you visit Irvine.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

My sister had a senior ceremony held in the main ballroom and it was absolutely beautiful. The dinner was catered by the restaurant of the hotel, on the menu was fish, chicken or steak, I had a bite of each one and they were all very good. There were over 250 people and the event too so it was a very impressive organization of sound, video, catering, dancing and all of the fun in between. A great space to hold an event and a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tyler H
TeamMarriott, Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Tyler H,

Thank you for the great review! We are glad to know you liked our food offerings and were impressed with the arrangements we made for the ceremony. Thanks again for recommending Irvine Marriott, and we hope to welcome you all again for another great experience.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Today I am going to attend a one-day Microsoft Cloud Workshop training at Microsoft Irvine Office. In order to avoid a heavy morning Los Angeles traffic, I decided to stay at Irvine Marriott one night prior to the training date due to the following three reasons:

1. It just went through a $23 million renovation in 2017. Each guest room offers a contemporary and calming atmosphere for visitors, including brand-new furniture, decor and amenities designed for today's traveler.

2. It has a Marriott M Club Lounge that equates to Marriott Concierge Lounge. Marriott only offers the M Club Lounge in 50 Marriott Hotels among 400's in the U.S.

3. It is closer to the training facility, although it is not the closest.

Yesterday late afternoon, I rode a Meteolink train from the L.A. Union Station to the Irvine Station via a one-way mobile ticket at $10.75. It turned out that it was a mistake because I should exit at the Tustin Station, instead of the Irvine Station. The two stations are approximately 6.7 miles apart.

Upon check-in, I enjoyed the M-Club, Lounge, although any Courtyard by Marriott in China offers more varities of evening hors d'oeuvres, fresh-cut fruits and beverages, including complimentary drinks that comprise of 9 spirits, wines, and beers.

The M-Club also offers a complimentary hot breakfast with fresh-cut fruits.

I will definitely stay here again when I visit Irvine in the future. I wish the M-Club would use glass cups, instead of paper cups to enhance the taste of the special complimentery coffees offered.

Please note the M-Club here is close on Friday evening until Sunday evening.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeremy L
TeamMarriott, Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Jeremy L,

Thank you for the great review. It is always exciting to know that we met all your expectations and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. The Irvine Marriott is the perfect place for business or leisure travel with our newly renovated hotel featuring contemporary style and comfort. It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel with all of the best new Marriott features. The rooms were clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. Service was perfect and I highly recommend. If I’m ever in Irvine again, this will be my top choice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Mike F,

It was a pleasure to read your fantastic review of the Irvine Marriott. We strive to provide our guests outstanding hospitality, and your compliments serve as encouragement to all of us. Thank you for the recommendation to future guests, and we hope to be your hotel of choice every time you visit Irvine.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We spent our weekend at Irvine Marriott. What a great stay. The location is pretty easy to get in and out. Kind of tuck in but totally acceptable.

I am a gold elite member. I booked a regular king bedroom and was upgraded to deluxe room with balcony. I pre-checked in using the mobile app and and was assigned to a nice room on the 8th floor.

Upon entered to the lobby, we were greeted with a beautiful lobby. A lot of seating areas in the lobby. There is a pool table by the lobby bar/restaurant. The front desk is located on the left. We stopped by at the front desk and asked for a keycard for backup. He politely said my keycard and parking pass(?) are waiting in the room but he will give me a keycard just because. I thanked him and proceed to our room.

Upon enter, we were pleasantly impressed with the room. Very clean and neat. We looked around and did not find the extra keycard and parking pass the agent was mentioned. No big deal. We have a view of the city and freeway.

Being Gold Elite, we have access to M-Club. However, no evening service on Fridays and Saturdays. Breakfast is available from 7-10:30am on weekends. The M-Club is accessible 24/7 to eligible guests. The lounge itself is very roomy and with a lot of seating areas. The lounge is stocked with soft drinks, apple and orange juice, water, Starbucks coffee and assortment of teas. It also have some snacks available such as pretzels, gummy bears, potato chips, mixed nuts, etc.

There are a few good restaurants around the hotel. We drove to Fleming Steakhouse in Newport Beach. About 10-15 mins drive depends on traffic. After the dinner, we went back to the hotel and we at at the fire ring by the pool. It was very calm and relaxing. A few guests were using the hot tub. There is a ping pong table next to the fire ring.

Overall, we had a great stay at the hotel. We did not interact with the hotel staff much as we did mobile check in and in room check out. The hotel was not busy during our stay.

Stayed: May 2018
TeamMarriott, Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear sestar78,

Thank you for being our Gold Elite member and for your nice review. We are delighted to know you liked your comfortable room and enjoyed your time at our M-Club Lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back to Irvine Marriott!