US$297
US$168
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$274
  • Pool
AC Hotel by Marriott Irvine(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$208
AC Hotels
US$362
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmarket placered barhour marketopen hoursvalet servicemodern hotelvalet parkingself parkconvenience storeshower doorbusiness travelorange countyhappy hourenjoyed my stayrooms are nicefree breakfastnewport beach
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for our Disneyland trip. It's about 15 minutes away from Disneyland. We like staying out of Anaheim because you get better places to stay in Newport Beach and Irvine. They have valet parking for $22 a night or self parking for $24 a night. Service was excellent from the friendly staff. They have a couple bars and restaurants in the lobby. They also have a store with plenty of food and snack items. We had breakfast at Eats restaurant and the food was pretty good. The only downfall for me was Friday and Saturday night you can hear the music from downstairs and if you are a light sleeper it would probably bother you. Service was great from beginning to end, excellent staff I would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2016

this is a nice hotel; good lobby and bar, convenient to offices and good restaurants. Room is large, clean, modern. Good desk work space and plugs. Full breakfast included.
One problem, room noise. This door separating my room from the one next door (I guess for families if desired) had no insulation; I could hear the guys whole phone call. Now it is 1am and some idiots in the hall won't stop talking and it sounds like they are right in my room.

Room Tip: no connecting door; end of hall
1  Thank MiddleAgedFun
Reviewed 12 September 2016

From The chumpish man at check in, to the chaos at 1am in the lobby. to the (not what I had actualy reserved) "corner -king room". on the 12th floor on the concierge level. I was on a lower level the 6th. floor I think... He chump at check in said the room was nicer. ( thought last years room was nicer ). over the cigarette smoking area.( the smoke coming up and ruining my outside-time) Not liking it at all this time. checked out at dawn. couldn't wait to jam.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Jeroen Q, General Manager at Hotel Irvine, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear Aerovergalineas,

Thank you for posting your feedback- and my sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay this time. There really is no excuse for our staff not being happy and cheerful when you arrive. Please know we will address this. Access to our Club 12 level is available to all guests on all floors that purchase that upgrade, and I will certainly note your preference of staying on the 12th floor. Please contact me directly next time your travels bring you to our part of the world....I would love to assist.

Best regards,
Jeroen

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Hotel Irvine is not perfect, but for me the positives far outweigh the negatives. The primary advantage is the common areas and the Marketplace. It is a 24 hour food mart with higher-end products and, for a hotel, reasonable prices. The restaurant had a great deal with excellent food for happy hour. The common areas were also stylish and tasteful, with a good ambiance. The room was not nearly as impressive as the lobby, but it was fine.
Some specifics that are important to me and might be important to you:
Location: Near John Wayne airport (with free shuttle every 30 minutes)
Noise level: fun in the lobby, but quiet in the room
Condition: lobby condition was great; room condition was good.
Temperature control: so-so. I don't think the air really worked too well, but it wasn't so bad that I felt it was worth complaining.
Cleanliness: good.
Style: lobby style was great. Room style was not impressive but not awful.
Service: marketplace service was great. Other service was friendly.
Bed: fine, though one of my pillowcases was dirty.
Lighting: good. Could have been a little brighter and with better controls but it was good enough.
Bathroom
Shower: I didn't love the shower. The water pressure was weak (California water-saver standards). The shower head did not compensate well.
Counter space: good.
Amenities: not luxurious but very good basics.
Outlets: great availability and location
In room safe: yes

1  Thank krawimi
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I recently blind-booked this hotel through Hotwire, and it has shaken my faith in Hotwire's 4-star hotel options. This is definitely a 3-star sort of hotel.

Things started well, as the lobby looked nice and the front desk staff member who checked us in was very friendly. However, the halls and rooms felt very run-down. It had that feeling of an old hotel with a fresh coat of paint. The bathroom had blackish mold in between the tiles, and the floor was coated in dust and grime. The room was quite small compared to others I've stayed at in Orange County.

The worst part of the stay, however, was the food situation. We tried to go to the restaurant for lunch, but the vegetarian options were pretty minimal and weird (no basic veggie burger but they had a portobello mushroom on a bun with tomato jam and basil aioli). The only vegetarian salad had lavender vinaigrette. Seriously, if you're going to have just a few vegetarian options (and nothing vegan, in California of all places), at least one or two of those items should be things with more broad appeal. We walked out.

The next morning, we tried to order room service, but there was no menu in the room. I eventually found a page about marketplace room service on the website, so we ordered a few items there. An hour later, I called to find out where our very simple order was and they indicated that it had just been dispatched. After an HOUR. It was by far the simplest room service order I've ever made, and the longest wait. When it arrived, they told us one item was still not ready, and they seemed confused that we didn't want to wait even longer to get it. The quality of the food was poor, but even if it had been good, the wait was ridiculous.

At checkout, the desk area didn't have a clear queue like most hotels, so it was chaotic. People would wander up and jump the line, and the staff didn't bother to correct them or serve the confused people who had been waiting patiently. They would greatly benefit from a line system.

I will definitely not return to this hotel, and I won't use Hotwire again in this area so I can be 100% sure I never have to go back.

Dear Stefanie,

I apologize for not delivering the service you (and I) would have expected at Hotel Irvine. I would like to see how I can rectify the situation. Would you kindly reach out to me directly so I can make this situation better and in addition I would like to see if you would give us another try. I truly believe that we are a much better hotel and I am sorry that we did not succeed this time.

Best regards,