See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 February 2018

This hotel was on par with other nearby hotels costing much more. The woman at the desk was very helpful.
The hotel could use new carpets, and the room I stayed in [211] must have had a previous guest that disliked light switches, because more than half of them were broken or dangling.. It was bizarre.
I don't hold it against the hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Douglas D,

Thank you for your review and comments regarding your stay. We appreciate that you've taken the time to share the ways that we have impressed you and I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our carpet and the light switches as well. While I am glad you do see it as a good value for your money and have taken the time to recognize the hospitality that we aim to provide for each and every guest. We are also forever working to improve upon the guest experience and I hope you will
remember our attributes and return to see how we have improved to impress you even more.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We got this room via the Internet and forgot to look at the reviews. The staff was nice, but the hotel smelled like smoke and the carpets were dirty. The room was run down and not well kept. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane B
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Diane B,

We are sorry to hear that your stay & experience was unpleasant. We do our very best to ensure our rooms & equipment are thoroughly cleaned and maintained. Thank you for bringing this misstep to our attention, as it helps us to improve. We hope you will give us another chance should you return to the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I recently got a job in San Jose and stayed here for a week while appying for apartments.
I thought the hotel staff was great!! On my second day of work I wore a fancy blouse and couldnt zip it up in the back and the lady in morning at the front desk helped me zip it up so I didnt look like a fool at work. The nigh desk manager guy is super freindly. I sent my finerprinting for work to their email for them to print. by the time i got downstairs he already had it printed! He even gave me pointers on quitting smoking and showed me what app he uses. Great deal for the price, free breakfast and wifi. Even the cleaning ladies are super cool. I mean you can get any hotel with breakfast for the same price but the staff is what sets this hotel apart. also its RIGHT by the freeway and Target.

Room Tip: First floor for ice
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Chevelle ,

Your kind compliments mean so much to us, and we thank you for taking the time to share this review. It is great to hear from you and I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff courtesy and have taken the time to recognize the hospitality and care that we aim to provide for each and every guest. We enjoy sharing these reviews with our staff and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Got into the room there was trash food cleaning rags toilet had paper inside it
The girl at the desk I called she said she more me and she did into a clean room the problem after that is they had shampoo was what they gave me to was my body she said they where out of soap it took two days to get the soap
I also told the girl at the desk I want to talk to manager
Still waiting wow

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Freddy R
GM_CustomerService, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience. I am personally looking into your feedback.

Regards

GM

Reviewed 24 February 2016

The rooms are in need of a major renovation. Overpriced significantly with seedy looking individuals. Spacious rooms; yet musty. Upon entering building..several steps back to 90s. TV are definitely not flat screens. However; Great access/location for business travelers.

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank Windman69
GM_CustomerService, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad our excellent location was convenient for you. We have noted your feedback, and appreciate your staying with us.

Regards