See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My dad and I were in town for four nights. We came out to the Bay Area for a raiders game. This place was a good location everything we wanted to do was pretty close by. The price is good if your not looking to spend too much. (A lot of the common hotel places are over priced) but most importantly I was very impressed by how hard the cleaning staff work. We had fresh towels and bedding every day. I couldn't ask for more then that. My only complaint is that there is no elevator but the build isn't super tall so it wasn't that bad

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I'm a musician and travel a lot between the pacific northwest, the bay area, and the LA area. I began staying at the Vagabond while it was in the midst of its remodel- the previous hotel on the property was not even a one-star hotel- but it looked like they were doing a lot of good work, and the friendliness and hospitality of the staff completely won me over. The rooms are furnished nicely with a thought to usefulness, the beds are *really* comfortable, and the staff here is, without exception, the most polite and accommodating of any hotel staff I've encountered in the bay area. The breakfast is ordinary but convenient, parking is free and easy, and check-in and -out are simple. The wi-fi quality depends on where your room is located, but is generally suitable for work emails and the like. Really the only down-side to the hotel is the location. I like to take walks, and this area of Hayward doesn't feel safe or comfortable for me, a single late-30-s woman, to go out for walks by myself. However, that's not the hotel's fault of course. It's convenient to 880 and easy to get to SF and Oakland and San Jose. I stay here quite often as I have gigs and session recordings in the east bay quite often lately- I hope they implement a rewards program soon as I'd be racking up plenty of points!
note- there is no elevator, so other than the first floor, it's not handicap-accessible, but there are about 20 or so rooms on the first floor. An elevator would be great, but I realize the cost to retrofit is prohibitive.

Room tip: third floor is best- the walls are thick but the floors transmit noise from overhead.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Vagabond_Inn_Hayward, Owner at Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us and saying the kind words. We love having you as our guest.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Don't be fooled by the word "executive" in the name of this place. It's a cheap motel with colorful rooms.When I arrived late evening, the lobby was locked and the sign on the door directed me to a bullet-proof window around the corner of the building. I rang the buzzer a few times, but nobody came. I thought about how annoyed I'd be if it were raining, since there wasn't so much as an awning over my head.Then I phoned the hotel and the telephone began ringing on the other side of the bulled-proof glass. A fellow came in to answer the phone, and then he checked me in.

Check-in here is a little more thorough than at ordinary hotels. They photocopied both sides of my drivers license before they'd give me a room key.

My room was indeed colorful, though the paint had been applied by spray-gun and the door frames included two colors in haphazard dollops. The room smelled of smoke, but I didn't complain because I didn't particularly want to return to the office.

On the plus side, my bed sheets were clean and the bed comfortable.

My rate included a forgettable breakfast of big-box-store muffins, bananas, OJ and yogurt. They offered toast and bagels too.

Room tip: I don't think there are any good rooms here.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Vagabond_Hayward, Owner at Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Very sorry to hear about your experience at the hotel. I will talk to my staff about our your issues with checking in and what correct procedure should be. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

The staff was very accommodating and helpful. When I had an issue with billing, it was resolved immediately! 5* for service. Hotel itself was clean and comfortable. Nice location if on a budget for visiting San Francisco

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us, I appreciate your feedback and will forward along to the staff, I am sure they will be grateful for your kind words

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

The Vagabond Inn, is an excellent hotel. Great customer service, they really care about their guest. Smooth check-ins clean rooms, and love the fact that the rooms are all non-smoking. I would definitely stay here again and again keep up the good work.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Vagabond_Hayward, Owner at Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

We appreciate your kinds words and happy you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing you again in the future.