See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

Hotel was nice pleasant counter guy at check in and woman at check out. Only stayed one night but the neighborhood didn't seem bad and only 15 minutes from O.co coliseum. Room was clean items such as microwave coffee pot hair dryer are older but work and bathroom was just redone. A little over priced but I did book it last minute.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

This Motel, after arriving again in a strange fashion by having to make a right into the neighbourhood, then left, left again and crossing the street, we saw that a simple u-turn is not allowed, making it so much easier. But from the west, you just drive in like that! :-)

The couple that run the Motel are very friendly, Hindu people.
We managed to drive almost straight from Visalia to Yosemite and had plenty daylight left to get to Hayward.
So underway we booked an extra room and saw that they don't charge you more for same day bookings, so upon arrival we even got an upgrade to a king room! Kudos! Maybe the fact that we've been here before, made that decision, but it was very kind.
We had a second floor room which was larger than last time and all worked well. Just the shower tap needed explaining by the owner, as we hadn't seen that system yet. There is a small ring on the bottom side of it, which needs to be pulled down for water. Then all goes as planned! The soap and shampoo are located in a dispenser, so no hustle with empty half oz bottles. :-)

The desk has a stand with brochures and the trip to SF takes you 45 minutes. Parking in town is pricy, depending on where you go, but at the hotel, it is free and spacious enough. We had dinner at a China buffet without buffet, just past downtown Hayward. One of three in town. Laundry can be done across the street, 1 minute towards downtown. The Hayward Bridge by the way, has toll going West, like the other bridges. About 6 dollars tops.

All in all, a very recommendable place to stay!

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 18 July 2013

with only 200 characters it will be difficult to express how awful this place was. I arrived at 1:45 AM. Almost every hotel in Hayward was booked and this was the only one I could find. Because it was so early in the morning I asked the proprietor if you could give me a little break off and $96 room fee, he said no. After accepting the price and getting the room, I noticed immediately how filthy the place was. The bedspread smelled and so did the pillows the television, though brand-new I could not get to work and I am technically minded. The bed was as hard as a rock, the hairdryer was broken the air conditioner did not work well and the neighborhood was a demilitarized zone. Pass this one up, for my $96 I could've probably stated best Western.

Room tip: the best tip I can give you is don't stay here. I'm serious this is a shoddy piece of crap hotel not worth the price there are better places in Hayward including Motel 6 which have better service and amenities.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank TonyU9979
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed here for a night. Not the cleanest or most attractive looking place but we knew it would be fine since we had to wake up early to head to the airport.

Upon arrival, the lady at the front desk was very helpful and was able to check us in a lot earlier than the normal check in time. Our room was cleaned and made up and we entered around noon. We were very appreciative of the customer service at this point.

Around 11pm as I was ready to drift off, I reached for my second pillow and found a spider crawling on it. It was not a tiny dead spider, but a brown live spider. I called the front desk to let them know and the same lady was very shocked and apologetic and sent someone up (assuming her husband). The man came in, killed the spider on the bed itself, didn't offer any new sheets or pillow cases, and sprayed the room with bug spray and told us to turn on the AC to air out the room and we should be fine. He also said that there would probably only be one or two...huh?! not acceptable.

We promptly called hotels.com to request a refund. After going back and forth with the front desk, the customer service rep said they could offer us a 40% discount. Since we had nowhere else to go in the middle of the night, we accepted it.

All in all, if the bug was on the floor or something, it would be a different story. The fact that it was crawling in my head space, the owner killed it on the bed and wiped it up without offering any new sheets (all other rooms were filled), tried to leave the towel that he killed the spider with in our room in case we saw another one with the dead bug still on the towel, and then brushing it off as if we should just live with it...not ok.

Also, the toilet in our room ran every 10 minutes, super loud (room 221). There were stains on my bath towel and the sheets and pillow cases were worn.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Tiffany M
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband I went on a business trip and called ahead to make sure the hotel had truck parking. We were assured that it did but upon arriving, we were told to park in a dark alleyway across the street! We were hauling expensive equipment that we could not risk being stolen. Manager was unprofessional, denied lying to us, and refused to refund our money!! This motel is in the GHETTO and we were worried for our safety as well as the security of the cargo we were hauling. Do not stay here!!!

Date of stay: June 2012