All reviews room was clean turkey sausage plenty of free parking nice property scrambled eggs parking lot off ramp hot breakfast walls are thin bagels business trip starbucks sauna freeway miles category convenience
Reviewed 6 July 2018

We are regulars here, visiting twice a year for the past 8 years or so. During that time, we've seen the transformations as the hotel owners upgraded the hotel with more contemporary decor. Also as important, their breakfast offerings have also greatly improved. Nothing is perfect but there has been a real effort here to improve.

The hotel is so accessible to the freeway but sleep quality does not seem to be affected adversely. Walls are thin and plumbing noises are continual irritants. As said before, nothing is perfect. Things could be (and sometimes are) worse.

The staff personnel are very pleasant and helpful. We regret that a favorite staff member of ours, Jose, has moved on. He was exceptional. Just saying ...

In our foreseeable future, we see ourselves repeatedly coming back for our visits to spend time with family.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Somewhere between a 2-3 Stars. Staff friendly and it is clean, but....soooooo average and had the cleaning smell of an industrial motel. Not much to do and in a below average location. Definitely not a destination pace to stay. A borderline recommend

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank soifdawg
hassanfallah, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Valued customer.
Thank you for doing the survey for us. I am sorry the hotel was not to your expectation.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

The location was close enough to the airport for my late arrival. Right off the freeway it wasy to locate. The room was clean and had a freshly cleaned smelled. Bed was comfortable which was most important for my very short stay. The layout of the hotel reminds me of the Embassy Suites not sure if this was a former Embassy but it appears likely. It does not have the layout that I am familar with in a Fairfield Inn. Service was excellent from my after 1:00am arrival up to and including the hot breakfast. Very large lobby for eating comfortably. Waffles, oatmeal, Scrambled eggs, fruit and the other basics. I would definately stay here again. No noise from my 3rd floor room. I would not have known the freeway was so close if I hadn't seen it. Plenty of free parking. Only downside would be the size of the room chair if I were staying longer and had reason to sit and watch TV.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank V H
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Typical Fairfield. Not fancy. A bit dated. The customer service was very nice. However, couldn't get into fitness center with room key. Nor did they have dental kits for me when I checked in my room (even though I ordered them through the app). High speed internet spotty.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
hassanfallah, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Valued Customer
I am sorry if our hotel did not meet your expectation. As per my previous email to you, you checked in after 10PM and checked out before 6AM and during that period the fitness center was closed. With regard to dental kit it was a request from your app Not Guaranteed.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is great near the freeway on an off-ramp. It is near a T Mobile, Starbucks, and Subway which are all within walking distance approximately 200 feet from the hotel. Near Chabot College. There is a breakfast complete with scrambled or boiled eggs waffles toast Bagels oatmeal cereal yogurt and various fruit. The king Suite with jacuzzi tub is a spacious room with separate sleeping quarters. The spacious double sink with shower bathroom is also equipped with a light inclusive vanity mirror. Helpful and friendly staff was the icing on the cake.

Date of stay: March 2018