All reviews complimentary breakfast room was clean would stay here again east bay oatmeal fitness center business trip very nice hotel san francisco nice breakfast hotel room cal state enjoyed my stay front desk staff business center convenient location home away from home
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The staff is adequate, however one has to ask for bottled water for their room. It's almost as though it's kept under lock and key. Rooms and the hotel generally are very clean. The breakfast fair is unremarkable. Definitely not for one who is seeking to vacation in Hayward.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This was a while ago but the hotel accommodated my large F450 with trailer pushing 60' end to end... it was a treat getting it in there as it was tight and not your daily routine for the novice driver. but, they accomodated my needs and I slept VERY well on their soft upgraded bedding in the quiet! Nice. AMF

Date of stay: August 2017
Daven B, Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Hello Alan,

Happy to know you slept very well and we able to accommodated your large trailer. Your comments are very important to the success of our hotel. We look forward for your next visit.

Peata Jones

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I’ll start by saying I work for a Forbes recommended, high end hotel in San Francisco. On a road trip to Southern California we stopped in as a same day reservation. For context, my best friend is a black man and I am a white woman. The negative interactions we had I’ve never experienced in all my travels alone or with other white people.

Circling back, when my friend booked the hotel in person, the front desk manager lectured him on how lucky he should feel to be offered such an affordable rate... When I entered the room to shower after being on the road, I noticed the shower handle was broken. I called to have it fixed and after the repairman made two trips, fine, the manager called the room. While I was in the shower she accused my friend on the phone of breaking the shower handle. TERRIBLE move for a hospitality “professional”. To round off a terrible customer service experience, when I was trying to locate the brown sugar for oatmeal the breakfast attendant replied “if you want the organic stuff you can buy it yourself”.

Will not be back and don’t recommend you go.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Erin K
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We stayed at this hotel with family and it was a clean, roomy, well cared for hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the free breakfast was great. Centrally located and many restaurants close by. Would recommend this hotel.

Room tip: The hotel was quiet. We had several rooms at various levels. They were all quiet
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Kim,

Thank you, for taking the time to let us know how your stayed was with Hampton Inn Oakland/Hayward. We truly appreciate your comments. I will share your comments with my team. We value all our guest and we do our best to make sure we meet your needs. Your comments are very important to the success of our hotel. Please let me know if you need any assistance in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

No BS here. VERY clean hotel and room. Very nice breakfast. Hotel staff including interaction with the manager, was spot on. In my survey with the company, I rated my experience at about 98/99%. This hotel is run fabulously and no kidding, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.
Dale W
Reno, NV

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton