“What a disappointment!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is still family owned but under new management. We went on a Wednesday because they always had specials on margaritas. No longer. There are NO specials anymore—no taco Tuesdays, no margarita Wednesday’s, no lunch specials and no kids menus. Now if you want a combination with soup or salad you’ll be paying $25 including desert. It’s a set price. The food and service are still excellent. I wondered why we got seated so fast at dinner time. I guess lots of regular customers are boycotting. The three of us are no longer interested in eating here again. We’ll drive to the Oaxacan restaurant on Olympic Blvd. in Korea town instead.

2  Thank RandaS_11
La C, Manager at La Cabanita, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Randa, my name is Jocelyn and I am the owners daughter. I completely hear you as far as the changes that were made. Yes there were changes and like you stated they were not popular by any means. We've heard you and the menus are back to the way they used to be. We have Martian Mondays (for jpl), Taco Tuesdays, Wild Wed Margaritas, and Teacher Thursdays. We've always had a kids menu, although I can't blame you for thinking we didn't because the menus didn't show it, however we never took it off. I know that was very confusing! So very sorry! Also the regular combinations are back, like I said our regular menu is back. We are actually going to have margarita specials Mon - Wed for $6.00! I know the changes were bad, and believe me when I say that the owners got the message loud and clear! We are trying to get things back to normal and would love it if you gave us another chance. I actually work their Wed, Fri, and Sat nights, and would love to serve you myself to make sure you got the best service possible. Please think about it Randa, it's people like you and your family who helped us stay in business all of these years and we are very sorry that our changes affected you so... thank you again for taking the time to review us and for being honest about how the changes made you feel. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Some friends and I were down in Glendale for a day trip and wanted some Mexican food nearby our location. I search tripadvisor for suggestions and this place was #1. Although parking wasn't easy, parking on street only availability we could find, the delicious lunch we had was well worth it! It's a bit on the pricey side (lunch ran us @ about $20 each), the chips and salsa were excellent, the guacamole sumptuous, and the food very tasty. I had the sopes de pollo and they were perfect! Hugs mounds of tender, juicy chicken, black beans, lettuce and queso fresco; yum-o! Would highly recommend!

La C, Manager at La Cabanita, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello! Thanks for the beautiful review, yes I know our parking situation isn't the best. My apologies... Oh those sopes are good, but just so you know we do have lunch specials which run $12.95 plus tax and they include drinks! Well soft drinks...lol. Anyway thank you and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

If I could give this place a zero I would as I have never been so astounded by the treatment that my mom, husband and I received on Mother’s Day. Walked into La Cabañita at around 4:00 and since there were only 3 of us they do not need reservations so we were told that there would be a 30 minute wait which was not a problem however my mom really wanted to sit in the area above so we waited and got the table she wanted.
Our server came to the table and seemed liked he was disinterested, inattentive and no personality literally like he hated his job and us as well. So my husband and I ordered a drink and my mom had tea. It didn’t seem that busy but it took a while for him to come back. When he did we decided to order. My mom has terrible crippling hands and asked if she could have a teaspoon and also a side of sour cream to go with her meal. Simple request you would think… I ordered a vegetarian taco and said we would like a side order of guacamole. My husband ordered his meal and the waiter seemed very put out by us. So we waited and waited and finally our meal comes my mom did not get her sour cream or the spoon and my taco was literally a tortilla taken right out of the package and not even heated just raw with a few slices of carrots on top laid out flat and a couple of beans. Then I tried to get out servers attention (by the way his name is Juan) as we found that out from out receipt because I could not get his name when asked. He completely ignored us as he began sweeping the floor with dirt and food right in front of us as if we weren’t even there. Still my mom was waiting for the spoon and sour cream and we had no chips at this point. So I decided to go to the bar and ask for a teaspoon and when I came back the waiter saw me and gave me such an attitude like he was really put out by anything I asked for and why did I go get the spoon when he was going to get it. The food was horrible and the service was the worse service anywhere I and my family have ever received. I had to wave him down just to get more chips and another drink and then he didn’t bring it until I finally asked again. I noticed he was somewhat more attentive to the party of 4 that was sitting in front of us. This guy Juan should be fired! My poor mom on mother’s day no less was very sad about the whole evening. I wished that we had just walked out but we gave the place and him a chance. However we did not tip him! I really would not recommend this place to anyone! The food was terrible, cold and you would probably get better food in a fast food place.

La C, Manager at La Cabanita, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Wow, I am so very sorry first of all that you had to go through that. My name is Jocelyn and this is my parents place. I just recently started helping my parents get the business back on its feet and I've been looking at reviews from our social media and I am trying to respond to everyone's reviews. I'm so sorry that no one reached out to you sooner! I would like you to know that I do care about the service you got and believe me that I will look into this right away! I know that it should have been done way sooner, and I'm sorry for that. Please give my sincerest apologies to your mother as well, she should've been treated so well especially as you pointed out on mothers day! I cannot change what you experienced, I can only express how sorry I am and I would like to reach out to you through email and talk about this if you would be so kind as to give me that opportunity. I know that my parents restaurant has a lot to offer and I wish I could have the chance to show you. I know that you may not even be interested in taking the time, and I completely understand if you don't want to. We have two Juan's working for us and believe me when I say that this will not go unnoticed. If you are willing to give us a chance please email me at : lacabanitainc@gmail.com. Thank you for taking the time to review us and I completely understand why we got the rating that you gave us. So sorry once again!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I took my son and his wife for lunch at this very pleasant and accessible Cantina in Glendale. The food was piping hot, tasty and quickly served. They had a good lunch special for margaritas, which didn’t hurt.

La C, Manager at La Cabanita, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for your review! We will soon have Mon thru Wed specials on house margaritas! yay!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Easter eve and the place was hopping. Rather than wait for a table the 3 of us bellied up to the bar. House margaritas were fresh and not overly sweet. Nachos were just enough to share after our big lunch. Understand they are under new ownership, so be sure to call first before you head out.

La C, Manager at La Cabanita, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello, and thank you for the review! Actually this is my parents place and has been since they opened. I can understand why people think its under new ownership due to all of the changes that have taken place, but no... still the same owners. Most of those changes have been corrected, and yes everyone is welcome to call ahead and put their names on the waiting list so that their wait doesn't have to be spent at the restaurant. We do take reservations for 6 or more, but like I said calling ahead is welcome. Thanks again for your review!