“What a disappointment!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant is still family owned but under new management. We went on a Wednesday because they always had specials on margaritas. No longer. There are NO specials anymore—no taco Tuesdays, no margarita Wednesday’s, no lunch specials and no kids menus. Now if you want a combination with soup or salad you’ll be paying $25 including desert. It’s a set price. The food and service are still excellent. I wondered why we got seated so fast at dinner time. I guess lots of regular customers are boycotting. The three of us are no longer interested in eating here again. We’ll drive to the Oaxacan restaurant on Olympic Blvd. in Korea town instead.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Some friends and I were down in Glendale for a day trip and wanted some Mexican food nearby our location. I search tripadvisor for suggestions and this place was #1. Although parking wasn't easy, parking on street only availability we could find, the delicious lunch we had was well worth it! It's a bit on the pricey side (lunch ran us @ about $20 each), the chips and salsa were excellent, the guacamole sumptuous, and the food very tasty. I had the sopes de pollo and they were perfect! Hugs mounds of tender, juicy chicken, black beans, lettuce and queso fresco; yum-o! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

If I could give this place a zero I would as I have never been so astounded by the treatment that my mom, husband and I received on Mother’s Day. Walked into La Cabañita at around 4:00 and since there were only 3 of us they do not need reservations so we were told that there would be a 30 minute wait which was not a problem however my mom really wanted to sit in the area above so we waited and got the table she wanted.
Our server came to the table and seemed liked he was disinterested, inattentive and no personality literally like he hated his job and us as well. So my husband and I ordered a drink and my mom had tea. It didn’t seem that busy but it took a while for him to come back. When he did we decided to order. My mom has terrible crippling hands and asked if she could have a teaspoon and also a side of sour cream to go with her meal. Simple request you would think… I ordered a vegetarian taco and said we would like a side order of guacamole. My husband ordered his meal and the waiter seemed very put out by us. So we waited and waited and finally our meal comes my mom did not get her sour cream or the spoon and my taco was literally a tortilla taken right out of the package and not even heated just raw with a few slices of carrots on top laid out flat and a couple of beans. Then I tried to get out servers attention (by the way his name is Juan) as we found that out from out receipt because I could not get his name when asked. He completely ignored us as he began sweeping the floor with dirt and food right in front of us as if we weren’t even there. Still my mom was waiting for the spoon and sour cream and we had no chips at this point. So I decided to go to the bar and ask for a teaspoon and when I came back the waiter saw me and gave me such an attitude like he was really put out by anything I asked for and why did I go get the spoon when he was going to get it. The food was horrible and the service was the worse service anywhere I and my family have ever received. I had to wave him down just to get more chips and another drink and then he didn’t bring it until I finally asked again. I noticed he was somewhat more attentive to the party of 4 that was sitting in front of us. This guy Juan should be fired! My poor mom on mother’s day no less was very sad about the whole evening. I wished that we had just walked out but we gave the place and him a chance. However we did not tip him! I really would not recommend this place to anyone! The food was terrible, cold and you would probably get better food in a fast food place.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I took my son and his wife for lunch at this very pleasant and accessible Cantina in Glendale. The food was piping hot, tasty and quickly served. They had a good lunch special for margaritas, which didn’t hurt.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Easter eve and the place was hopping. Rather than wait for a table the 3 of us bellied up to the bar. House margaritas were fresh and not overly sweet. Nachos were just enough to share after our big lunch. Understand they are under new ownership, so be sure to call first before you head out.

Been to La Cabanita? Share your experiences!