“Caught off guard by wonderful food pairing experience!”

Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate & Gardens
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Fulton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I have to admit that going to Kendall-Jackson was not a top priority for me when visiting Sonoma since I wanted to check out the boutique wineries. Boy was I wrong! KJ Estate is gorgeous just to walk around. They grow the herbs used in their food tastings and have beautiful gardens in addition to the vines and lovely places to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air. I opted for the food and wine pairing and it turned out to be a five-course meal! It was not what I thought of when I pictured wine and food pairing - it was above and beyond exceptional. Vichyssoise with trout caviar, lamb, and goat cheese mousse were among the delicacies. The chefs themselves come by the table to discuss the ingredients and the service by every staff person was truly terrific. I strongly recommend the food and wine pairing, but give yourself enough time as I believe it took about two hours to enjoy properly.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

There are about a dozen dog-friendly vineyards around Santa Rosa, including perhaps the most pet friendly of all Kendall-Jackson Winery and Estate.
Of course you don't need to have a terrier in tow to enjoy this unique wine experience, but in my experience few places have such lush gardens and wonderful wine-tasting facilities and are also pet friendly.
Kendall Jackson has three large garden areas, including a demonstration garden with every variety of wine grape you can imagine. During my visit in late August the grapes were ready for harvest and they invite visitors to pick and eat them as they tour the gardens. I sampled the Chardonnay grapes and was surprised they tasted nothing like the wine, much sweeter than I expected.
There is also a large garden dedicated to organic vegetables and fruits used in the estate's food, and an absolutely beautiful flower garden. My two terriers needed to stay on the path, but otherwise were welcome to explore the estate.
The wine-tasting room is simply glorious, with soaring ceilings. There is also a gift-shop area with lots of cool items, including Kendall-Jackson's own signature dog collars. Now THAT is pet friendly.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I have been enjoying KJ wines for years and being able to visit the estate was a dream come true! The staff is spectacular, the food they offer has amazing flavor that goes very well with the wines. We dined at their farm to table event and it was so wonderful. We will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Loved it here. Visit during our California road trip on my husbands birthday. We did a food and wine pairing package and it was fabulous. All the dishes were tasty and awesome and the wine delicious. The grounds and buildings were beautiful. Would definitely come back.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent a few days in Sonoma celebrating our wedding anniversary. We started the trip with the wine and food pairing. It was excellent. The food was delicious and the wine pairings were nicely done. We were pleasantly surprised by the wine. It's not the same Kendall Jackson you get at the grocery store. Every wine we tried was really good! We will definitely return next time we visit California wine country!