All reviews ocean view hardwood floors the cliff coffee maker ceiling fan restaurant bar torrey pines large room san diego minute drive business center watch the sunset walking distance to the beach great room two blocks restaurants and shops pools
Reviewed 4 January 2016

My husband and I are currently staying at the Hotel Indigo Del Mar , upon arrival we were very pleased with the amenities especially pertaining to our pet, However after driving 12 hours that day we were really looking forward to taking a nice hot shower , we were both very excited about the aromatherapy steam shower. The steam worked great but to our disappointment there was no hot water and so we were forced to take a cold shower .. The next day we were out running errands and after returning around 3:30 we realized our room had still not been cleaned . The cleaning lady knocked on our door around 3:45 and asked if we would like our room cleaned , we told her yes and that we would take our pet and leave the room so she could clean it . We then wondered around for 2 hours to make sure she had plenty of time to clean without us interfering . When we returned after 2 hours our room had still not been cleaned . We notified the front desk about the cleaning issue as well as the lack of hot water and we were told that the cleaners had left for the day but they would send a maintenance man to check out the hot water issue .. The maintenance man then spent about 45 minutes attempting to rectify the situation before realizing that it couldn't be fixed that day . The front desk then asked us to move to another room where the hot water was working. I expected at the very least to be given a room upgrade due to the hassle of it all . However that did not happen . I'm disappointed in the customer service.
I chose to stay at The Hotel Indigo Del Mar because the brand Indigo is known for its exceptional customer service .. When I stay at a hotel I except it to make my travel easier instead I lost almost 3 hours of my day waiting on the hotels staff to either fix something that was broken or just plainly to do their job .

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle O
Man Lai T, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback, we always appreciate any information that can aid us in our vision to create great experiences for our guests. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we regret to learn that you encountered unsatisfactory moments during your stay and that you feel we did not resolve the issue appropriately. I would like to discuss the details of your experience in greater detail personally, please feel free to contact me at mtam@pacificahost.com at your leisure.

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Spotless cleaning. Beautiful lobby. Expensive bar/restaurant, breakfast. Find fabulous food downtown on the beach and in the upscale shopping center. Mini fridge with tiny freezer allowed room for yogurt for breakfast. Microwave if needed. Reserved a basic King and requested a ground floor and ocean view and received both. The staff efficient but not particularly friendly and had a mildly bored or clipped attitude. Interacted with three. They need guest interaction training by management. Room was attractive but small and not enough drawer space if you want to unpack. Closet is large enough to store your bags and has ample hangers. Super soft bed throw/blanket but super scratchy comforter. Would still choose again if in Del Mar as it is new, clean, comfortable attractive and well located.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank luveur0pe
Man Lai T, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed our lobby, the design, room amenities, and other services during your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Del Mar. We appreciate your assistance to our management staff as we review your comments to incorporate any possibilities in improving our guest services to exceed our guests' expectations. and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Del Mar.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

I've been here a couple of times and enjoyed it each time. The rooms I stayed in were spacious with huge glass showers. They have 2 pools and a hot tub, that is wonderful on a chilly evening. Beds are comfortable and the rooms have Keurig coffee pots for your use. Wish I could live in this hotel!

Room Tip: pool side rooms for pool use
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Del Mar as your home away from home. We are pleased to learn that you continue to enjoy the rooms, services, and our guest amenities each time you visit with us. We appreciate you sharing your experiences. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you on your next stay.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

Tough week of travel around some gritty spots of Sacramento and LA so decided to treat myself when finishing up the week in San Diego. Found the Hotel Indigo, which is a brand that I really like, near the beach at a great price.
Room was comfortable, clean and large, the shower alone was as big as most bathrooms. Only two complaints, not comfortable chair for lounging and the windows are sealed to keep out the fresh sea breezes.
Restaurant was reserved for a private party so I had appetizers on the Terrace and enjoyed the music.
Staff was perfect. I hope to be back on my next trip.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Rex E
Man Lai T, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

We appreciate you choosing to stay at Hotel Indigo Del Mar in order to treat yourself while visiting San Diego, we are glad you had an opportunity to enjoy our beautiful terrace in our Ocean View Bar and Grill. Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding the room, location, and staff services; we always appreciate feedback and while our windows are designed to meet certain security standards, your suggestions for improvements as well as for the chair design are being shared with our management team. We hope to be able to serve you again soon on your next visit to Del Mar.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

There are many things to like about this property. It's clean, the staff is nice, its close to the water, designed well and located in a beautiful section of Del Mar. The problem with this property is the walls and ceiling are way too thin. For some inexplicable reason, the hotel checked in a guest at 1:00am, giving him the room above me. It was torture.

I knew it was a man because I could hear him cough and clear his throat. He was definitely inconsiderate as he continued to drag his luggage across the floor and slam it down. He moved furniture around, slammed the toilet seat, and overtime he flushed the toilet it woke me up. It was a nightmare. I complained to the front desk and they said they would take care of it but it didn't stop. I was exhausted in the morning. I am a world traveler and have visited 14 countries this year. This was my worst night sleep of 2015. If you plan on partying all night it's the perfect place to stay but if you want to sleep, you'll feel like you're sharing the room with strangers, because that's what it felt it. Very disappointing and probably impossible to correct.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 5ChristopherD

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We regret to learn that you were not able to get a restful night of sleep while staying with us. Your comments regarding the noise level you experienced are being shared with our management and engineering teams to review for any possible improvements we can make to improve on our guests' experience. We appreciate you having provided us an opportunity to have served you.