Reviews (1 488)
1 488 results
All reviews the club lounge front desk self parking shuttle service within miles free shuttle coastal kitchen fire pit pool area san diego horse races solana beach nice property short drive freeway jennifer concierge
376 - 381 of 1 488 reviews
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

It is a nice hotel, clearly. Everything clean and relatively modern, the rooms spacious with all you need, not the newest stuff, but really good.

Service was hit or miss - for example, the server at breakfast forgot to mention there was complimentary breakfast for HHonors members and still charged us for breakfast after we found out and mentioned it to him...while the guy in front of the entrance was extremely nice and wiling to answer all the questions you might have.

Last not least...20 USD per overnight stay for parking...really?

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JustOneOfTheMany
Justin F, Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Greetings Silvia,

Thank you for your feedback concerning the rooms and the service you experienced during your stay with us. We will use your comments as a training tool and an opportunity to improve our Breakfast service and acknowledgement of our HHonors members.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Yet another Hilton that is massively overpriced for what it offers. Everything costs extra: Parking ($20 per day), internet ($20 per day), water bottle ($6 per bottle), ... Rooms are renovated, but the carcass from old times remains. What does this mean? An A/C unit and WC fan that sound like a jet engine. Although the beds are nice, the sleep quality is poor if you want to cool the room. No, you cannot fully open the window either. Just a 6 inch crack...

Did I mention breakfast is not included either? $19... Alternatives are about one mile away in a shopping strip, unless you like Denny's. The gym is nice, so are the grounds. But if the convention would not have been here, I would have *never* stayed at this overpriced dinosaur. Where are comets when you need them? Not coming back.

1  Thank GourmandTrashPanda

Greetings Helmut,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. As you mentioned above we do charge for services in the hotel and we are in line with the competing hotels in the area. I will forward your concerns with the room to our maintenance department and I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Very pleased with the staff and the valet service was very helpful on recommending sites and we had a very early flight and they made sure we had a cab waiting for us. Very pleased, beautiful pool area!

846annier,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our team here at the Hilton Del Mar. I will be sure to forward your comments to the group at my next opportunity. We look forward to your return!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Basic hotel, limited services and amenities, right on highway but well located to beach and Del Mar Fairgrounds/Race Track. Food was overpriced for the value. Nice grounds, clean rooms, and comfortable beds.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelly H

Kathleen H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at The Hilton Del Mar. I am sorry that you found the food overpriced for the value and I will forward your comments to our team here to see if there are ways to improve. We greatly appreciate you staying with us and we hope for your return.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We stayed here for 6 nights as part of a group. Staff for the most part was very friendly and helpful but our room wasn't serviced the first couple of days. I had twin infants with me so the room got quite stinky with diapers and we had no fresh towels. We had to ask the front desk for trash bags and more linens. When our room was serviced they never changed the sheets in the cribs. Several people in our party reported cockroaches in the bathroom closets, which isn't up to Hilton standards. The food was very mediocre. We spent over $60 for dinner for 3 and the food was incredibly bland. However, I later had the Dynamite dip which was very tasty. The last morning we paid to have breakfast in the little cafe area and it was acceptable and reasonably priced. I'm glad we got a group rate because I wouldn't have been very happy if we had paid full price.

Melinda S.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding the services you encountered at the Hilton Del Mar. I apologize that your room was not serviced in a timely manner and that you found some of our food offerings bland. I will review your comments with the team and make sure we make improvements at our next meeting. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return.