“NOT a Good Value”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Stevens Creek Blvd.
Description: Alexander's Steakhouse is a fine dining interpretation of the classic American steakhouse with hints of Japanese influence laced into the menu. Located in Cupertino, California, Alexander's Steakhouse is a welcome addition to the South Bay dining scene, receiving numerous awards and accolades since its opening in 2005.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don’t mind high prices if the VALUE is there. It’s not about price. It’s about value. That’s the problem at Alexander’s Steakhouse in Cupertino. The food quality doesn’t align at all with the menu prices. Everything I was served was unimaginative and without flavor. Presentation are not good either. I was just really disappointed in this place. Would not return.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Our second visit to Alexander’s and it was equally awesome. Steak absolutely perfect. Hamachi shots truly unique and luminous. The deconstructed strawberry cheesecake was very original, beautiful and very tasty. Wine was great, St Joseph. I was disappointed that the sommelier did not come to our table after we ask two different questions about different wines, and I had more. She/he appeared unwilling to come to our table, no explanation offered. Made the poor waiter run back and forth, so I finally just picked a wine.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Was the steak ok. You would hope so for 80 dollar. Was the service ok. You would hope so. But lacks in authenticity of service as well in the place. Lacks of Charme or the certain extra for the pricerange. Would I go again No

Reviewed 8 May 2018

the stars of the night (besides the steak) would be the HAMACHI SHOTS and the BRUSSELS SPROUTS ! Ambiance is very nice/ upscale/ romantic, and service is great from start to finish. The front also displays the meats and you can see all the amazing marbling (wow!)

May have had the bougie-est dinner of my life here where I got to try most of the menu (/drools). And also topping that with amazing wine from Joseph Phelps *o*

APPETIZERS:
**hamachi shots - a must get!! everything compliments each other so well and the fish is so fresh! just wanted moreee
**kumamoto oysters - so happy they have these! delicious, sweet oysters :33 placed on a nice decorated ice bed, and they also have their own house made mignonette
**foie gras - mmmmm, and very good/ big portion
**bone marrow topped w/ unagi (eel) - mmmmm x2. I felt the bone marrow and eel didn't quite complement each other but the bone marrow was very delicious. Also, they didn't have and we had to ask for toasted bread to eat with the foie gras and bone marrow (TIP)
**grilled octopus - probably my least favorite, it's chewy/tough but it lacked flavor

MAIN COURSE:
**split-bone/bone-in ribeye (medium) - it was fairly good and juicy as well, I wish it was a bigger wow in my mouth though; but it was hugeee (approx 19 oz??)
[also you can get 3 sauces for $9]

SIDES:
**brussels sprouts - you must get this!! these are some amazing bomb brussel sprouts
**truffle fries - loveee that they're skinny/ crispy fries, and the sauce is delicious as well!
**uni fried rice - this was okayyy, it's honestly basic fried rice and then just topped with uni
**truffle mac & cheese - a classic; creamy and delicious

DESSERTS:
**rise n shine - takes 15 minutes, the souffle is super fluffy and light! the mochi that came with it was amazinggg
**cheesecake with cranberries - shaped so cute! again, very smooth texture nor overly cheesy
**pear panna cotta - really like the ginger cake with it
**complimentary cotton candy - however the current flavor was banana :CC

Overall, an amazing dinner and I must come back and try their other steaks! aka the filet mignon and the wagyu (*more drools).

Service is of course exceptional, very friendly and accommodating. A man also comes out to explain each dish and their flavors before each course! For our special occasion, they surprised us with a dessert platter with a chocolate written note, so cute! Can't wait to come back here again :)

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

In Cupertino, alone for my birthday, I chose Alexander’s on the basis of a former Michelin star. As someone who has eaten at at least five starred restaurants in the South of France, I know what Michelin stars are supposed to mean — and Alexander’s simply crushes it!

I ate at the bar and wow oh wow was it perfect. From the kale salad to the (off menu) chocolate soufflé and everything in between, this is a world class event of a place. Pro tip: the Alexander’s-labeled Cabernet was a star when paired with the bone-in filet and truffle Mac and cheese.

Spectacular. And worth every penny.