“Mediocrity”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was recently on a business trip and the Duke of Edinburgh was close to my hotel, so I decided to try it out. The place smells like an old bar, not in a good way, and the decor may look like an English pub, but my seat was very uncomfortable. Wait staff was fine. I ordered the shepherd's pie, and it was not at all traditional shepherd's pie. It was ground beef in a tomato-based sauce topped with mashed potatoes, which were decent, but then topped with grated parmesan cheese. It was not the worst food I have ever had, but I would definitely not recommend it.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This place should shut down or move. They are such a misfit in the neighborhood. And that's not just because there are so many great ethnic Chinese restaurants here. It's because this place is empty most days at peak time. The furniture which may have been classy a long time ago is showing wear and tear. Service is meh. They are not rude, but they're ... depressed?

Food was ok. I tried Beef Wellington - if you have a craving, try it once.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

It’s a cold winters night..and a friend recommended we try out this English Pub for dinner. I ordered the garlic fries , Shepherds Pie and a pint of ale. EXTRAORDINARY!! it was a bit of a wait while our pies were being baked but well worth it. We all had pints and my shepherd pie very tasty and filling. Though the decor needed some upgrades, don’t let that distract you from the good British tavern food on the menu. Cheers!

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

A neighbourhood pub serving mainly European beers, so if you are homesick at 11pm this is the place to go to.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I was meeting my co-workers there for a quick drink, otherwise I would not have stopped. The place is dark inside with dark red velvet booths and dark wood furniture. Not my kind of place but the staff were kind and attentive.