“Family friendly dinner”

Ranked #39 of 104 Restaurants in Coronado
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We tried this place out for the first time last July. We sat outside which was great! The weather is so nice on the island so a nice breeze during dinner was wonderful. We were sat fast and greeted in a timely manner too. Great place for kids! We started out with the Costa bean & cheese dip and it was super yummy!!! Not to spicy, my 12 year old son loved it. We ordered seafood taco combo, swordfish tacos, Coronado burrito and mac and cheese. No complaints. Everything came out hot, tasting delicious and refilled our chips for us. This place was so yummy we will be back again this coming July.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Having done Old Town San Diego, USS Midway and the North Harbour Tour we headed over to Coronado for a walk on the beach. Remembered we'd had a good Mexican here a couple of years ago we revisited Costa Azul. Had Fajitas and Tostada Grande - both were really good. Tortilla chips and salsa - you either love or hate their salsa. I like it, my wife doesn't. Glass of Merlot and an 'Arrogant B.....d' beer.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We had a dinner in Costa Azul with my friend. I had a swordfish, which was satisfactory, my friend had fish tacos and he said it was one of the best tacos he has ever eaten. Unfortunately the mojito we ordered was absolutely unacceptable quality and we had to claim it. Service was excellent, even after we returned the drink. Waitress was very professional and helping. The live music that evening was a bit too loud yet enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a late lunch. Food was ok. I ordered the Fish and Chips and the fish was mushy. Swordfish was better. Free chips and salsa!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Mexican restaurant. Pretty good lunch specials. I eat the tortilla chips, but I'm not wild about the salsa. The entrée is better than the chips!