“Best of the Best”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Iris
Description: Nestled between Port Theatre and Iris on Coast Hwy in Corona Del Mar is MAYUR, an Indian restaurant. Serving Authentic Northern Indian . This quaint restaurant boasts of the best Chilean sea bass in town and the rack of lamb. Both prepared in the Traditional Char Coal fired TANDOOR. Some of the other specials are chicken tikka masala, lamb karahi. For the those seeking vegetables, the Eggplant ( bartha ) Cauliflower and Potatoes ( aloo gobi) and Spinach and Cheese ( palak apaneer ) are just a few that rate high with our customers. Gluten Free and Customized options are available. We serve Halal
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

There's a good reason why Mayur has been around for over 30 years. We've been fortunate enough to enjoy their food for many years. Under Anju' s watchful eye the kitchen continues to turn out exquisite meals and she is a wonderful hostess too. We come in from out of state and make it a point to eat here. Just love it!

Anju K, Owner at Mayur, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you very much for the wonderful appreciation of Mayur. You are very kind.
It is a pleasure to have you visit us. Would love to meet you on your next visit.
Love and regards.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

What an absolute delight! The food is always superb. The atmosphere in this intimate eatery brings smiles to our faces every time we're there. The unique combination of colors in the decor along with the artwork evoke the beauty of the peacock, for which Mayur is named.

Today we had the Fish Curry and the Bartha, which is the roasted eggplant entree for lunch - Wonderful! But then, we've probably tried everything and still, neither of us can say which is the best because everything is always cooked to perfection! Anju, the owner, and her wait staff always make you feel at home and well cared for.

-Corky O.
Newport Beach CA

Anju K, Owner at Mayur, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind and generous appreciation of both our food and service. Please keep your visits frequent. Always a delight to see you and serve you.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I recently had the opportunity to visit Mayur in Corona del Mar and was so impressed by the food, service, and the most gracious host who is the owner. The food was truly amazing! We started with the quinoa salad which was very tasty! We followed with aloo gobi, bartha, garlic naan ( I could eat this every day), and the lamb chops. In the past I have had the chilean sea bass which is hands down the BEST chilean sea bass i have ever had. But I wanted to change it up and try the lamb. I was not disappointed as the lamb was very succulent! I can say that I love this place!! The owner was so kind and welcoming! Can't wait to go back!!!

Anju K, Owner at Mayur, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for your visit and it is our pleasure to serve you. There is a lot more on our Menu that we would like you to try. On your next visit allow me to introduce to you something new. Look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

My wife and I went to mayur last sunday, without fail, delicious food and the service is unparalleled! The samosas, chicken tikka masala, lamb saag, Chilean sea bass and garlic naan are some of our favorite dishes. I recommend going in a group so you can order and try lots of entrees. i bet you won't be disappointed! I tried indian food at many place but mayor is the "best" Indian restaurants around the country, Mayur is hands down our favorite!

Anju K, Owner at Mayur, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you Ajay. Your appreciation means a lot to the team at Mayur. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Truly excellent food and service. I've been here several times now and Mayur hasn't failed to impress. The lamb vindaloo is sublime and the Chilean seabass is jaw dropping incredible. I would not have thought to order fish at an Indian restaurant, but wow! Honorable mentions go to the naan bread, a spinach dish I can't remember the name of, and the homemade Indian ice cream dessert!

Anju K, Owner at Mayur, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Thank you Robert for your appreciation of Mayur’s food. We are always striving to do better and satisfy our customers taste buds. Look forward to seeing you soon with yours.