Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$212
Hotels.com
Agoda.comUS$212
Expedia.comUS$235
eDreamsUS$212
PricelineUS$212
All reviews happy hour jacuzzi tub hot breakfast our honeymoon fresh fruit every morning spacious rooms first floor morro bay we enjoyed walking central coast cookies every evening upstairs room across the street we've stayed bagels
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2020

We booked last minute trip to Central Coast so the only room open was a 2nd floor town view room so we grabbed it and are oh so happy we did! We've walked by the Inn on many occasions when In Cayucos and our stay was better than we could have hoped for! The weather was amazing over Halloween weekend. Some highlights ... king bed a dream, fireplace was cozy, jacuzzi bath awesome and how thoughtful they even provided bath salts (and other nice bath products).

Having the mini fridge and coffee maker were also a bonus for us as was the really sweet balcony. It was almost to hot in the sun (mid-80s) we our shaded side balcony was perfect. There is a fabulous sun deck looking over the sea/beach so if you do not have a sea view - this is nearly as ideal. Our first evening we were relaxing on the deck and the very thoughtful owners brought out a bottle of wine and had a great chat with us. (Thank you!)

The fresh baked cookies were delish! We did not partake in breakfast as we're not really breakfast eaters ... but we did appreciate the happy hour.

We loved our stay so much we're already booked a return visit for a holiday weekend in February. In the past, we've stayed mostly in Cambria/Moonstone area but I really loved being in Cayucos with the small town feel and lots of restaurants to walk to.

Schooners is a long time favorites of ours and this visit during Covid still felt safe and fabulous food. We also found Duckies to have great chowder and Shrimp Louis salads. Brown Butter cookies a block away had the best cookies we've ever had!

Don't hesitate to give "On the Beach" a try. So many little extras make this Inn the best option in the entire area between Paso, Hearst, Morro Bay.

Room tip: All of the rooms are huge and have fabulous amenities! Choose via your budget.
Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Jules T
Reviewed 1 October 2020 via mobile

I took my sister to "On the Beach" for a late birthday celebration. We stayed in room 103 on the first floor. Room was clean, and comfortable. The beds, pillows and linens were wonderful. We had a little balcony with a view of the pier and could see and hear the ocean. The staff was awesome. Breakfast and afternoon cookies were great. Very convenient location. If you have car trouble be sure to call Mike at Nelson's Garage. We had issues with our battery and he took great care of us..

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Richard Shannon, Owner at On The Beach Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We focus on hiring great staff and it is reflected in our customers experience. Thanks for choosing On The Beach B & B and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Richard Shannon Co-Owner

Reviewed 20 September 2020

I chose this nice bed and breakfast place for a brief anniversary trip. Cayucas is a nice little beach town, while not being to over-run with tourists...well maybe a little on the weekends when the rest of the state is smoked out. I bit the bullet and spent a little more than I wanted to because I didn't want a regular run-down beach hotel, and I don't regret it. The location was great, right across the street from the beach with numerous restaurants and coffee shops nearby. I will say the people swarming the beach and pier were a little loud on a warm Saturday morning, but that's not the hotels fault (and their site warns about this on the website). The staff was always friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The place was very clean, and they took special measures during COVID-19 to help everyone stay away from each other - serving breakfast by calling in your order and picking it up, and checkout with your receipt emailed to you. Breakfast was delicious and filling, the jacuzzi tub was relaxing, and the bed was comfy.
For those picky people out there: there were a few tiny cobwebs in the ceiling corner, and an empty drink can out on the balcony under a chair (which could have been thrown or placed there by people outside).
Overall we loved the décor, fireplace, tub, and breakfast. It was worth the slightly higher price than some hotels, and we would definitely stay here again, and reserve an upstairs room with a 4 post bed next time.

Room tip: Room #5 was handicap and had a spacious bathroom. Upstairs seaside rooms have a better beach view.
Date of stay: September 2020

Thank you for the nice comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon. On The Beach B & B

Reviewed 26 June 2020

We just came back from a mid week stay. The hotel was located conveniently and had very nice rooms,
When I made the reservation the person helping me and the person checking us and was very kind and helpful. Unfortunately that was her last day to work the next two days another person attended the front desk and was the cook as well.

She made our stay very unpleasant due to her curtness, rudeness and condescending manner. My husband and I just wanted a couple of days of non stressful time though this woman went out of her way to be rude. When asked about the menu for the continental breakfast could not be more condescending. My husband inquired about toast and she snapped at him that "its too much, I'm serving thirteen rooms". My husband said ok and then we did not even receive the hard boiled eggs offered. With the price of over $300 a night, we expect someone at least to be polite. Also there was also a trash can left in the closet from a previous patron. Otherwise the nice white fluffy towels, robes and rooms were very nice and clean.

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank slnrn N

I am so sorry your stay was not better. It is no excuse but we were really short handed with staff in June as 1/3 of our staff did not want to come back to work and another member fell and broke her hand. Please except my sincere apology for the sharp comments and I will have a chat with the staff to make sure this does not happen again.

Reviewed 16 June 2020 via mobile

My friend and I had an absolutely wonderful mid-week stay at On The Beach. The hotel is clean, updated and very cozy. The views can’t be beat and the beds are so so comfortable. With the CoVID restrictions interactions with the front desk staff are limited, but all interactions we had were friendly and the breakfast frittata was delicious. Would 100% recommend!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your nice comments, so glad you enjoyed your stay. It is definitely a challenge making personal connections with the guests with the COVID restrictions but we do what we can. Hope to see you again soon.