Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$537
US$497
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$310
Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$267
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$257
US$249
Orbitz.com
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$772
US$857
US$766
Hotels.com
All reviewschampagne breakfastcookies and milkfree shuttleevening wine tastingshuttle servicewaffle stationno elevatorbeautiful hotelgarden roomocean viewhotel bartwo blocksbreakfast was amazingbeautiful groundsthe hotel offersluxury hotelstreet parking
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Got really lucky finding this gem of a hotel. The service was amazing- everyone that worked there was very helpful and extremely nice. The hotel is in a residential area but very close to the shopping/restaurants. Had a beautiful ocean view. Rooms are not huge but big enough.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sherylg20
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights. The day we were due to arrive I called to ask about check in times they said we could check in then and it was 930am. At the front desk at check in they asked us to join them for breakfast which we did. It was a wonderful way to start our visit to Carmel. We had a room on the fourth floor which I liked because there was no one above us. The room was small and clean and the bathroom was large and clean. WE left our windows open at night and even though we were about 2 blocks from the beach we could hear the waves crashing outside. It was really lovely and soothing way to fall asleep. The breakfast was very good, I had steel cut oats every morning and my husband had an omelet made at the omelet station. In the evening we enjoyed the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. This hotel was close to everything and street parking was always available. I thought the manager was very helpful and kind. The pool was heated and never seemed busy. It is really a lovely place.

Room Tip: try to get an ocean view room away from the street.
1  Thank Charmagne88
Rachel T, General Manager at La Playa Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Charmagne88:

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review on our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities during your stay.

Charmagne88, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you plan to come back to Carmel. I would be happy to personally handle your future reservations.

Warmest Regards,
Rachel

Reviewed 7 June 2018

For the price it just wasn't that special. People on Yelp raved about the breakfast but we found it somewhat wanting. (No bacon or sausage - told only on weekends. Also lack of other good items, like granola, plain yogurt etc). We also didn't feel that the staff were very attentive, they seemed inexperienced and a bit distracted. The property is beautiful though.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank LarryA
Rachel T, General Manager at La Playa Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear LarryA:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience on your recent visit to La Playa Carmel. I would like to apologize that you found our property lacking. Do know that we constantly strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and will use your comments as a learning tool for our staff.

LarryA, if you find yourself back in the Carmel area please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I would love to personally handle your reservations to ensure the experience you expect when staying at La Playa.

Warmest Regards,
Rachel

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We stayed one night here, and while the hotel is lovely, we wished we would have stayed two nights in Monterey and drove down to visit Carmel. Of all the hotels we stayed at on our road trip, this was the most expensive. Mind you we stayed at the Intercontinental in Monterey in a king suite, ocean view and we still paid more a La Playa. So you are paying for quaintness. The hotel is an old hotel that has been refurbished. Customer service is top notch! The breakfast is wonderful. The gardens are beautiful. They offer a shuttle which is necessary for some who cannot walk to town. But for the price I think I would have rather stayed in Monterey. There is no elevator, no parking, and a good walk to downtown. We had an ocean view, but the hotel is not on the ocean, so you can see and hear the ocean which is nice, but not enough to pay the extra money for. Disappointed in this property only because my expectations were different. Nice stay, but probably won't stay again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank casavaldez
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Really nice hotel with a beautiful garden full of lovely flowers and a nice little pool with a nice area to sun bathe. Beautifully decorated hotel. Full of neat photographs from way back. Very accommodating staff that was eager to help us. Nice tips for places to visit and great (!) breakfast. Very nice wine in the afternoon where you met other people visiting for a nice chat over som tasty wine from the region. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. It was a bit expensive, but also very nice...

Room Tip: We had a beautiful view towards the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple