Motel 6 Carlsbad South
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
US$331
Official Site
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$202
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$245
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$166
US$228
US$198
Hilton.com
US$180
US$115
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$189
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$216
Agoda.com
US$132
US$122
HIExpress.com
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$304
Official Website
All reviewsralph's grocery storeroom was cleanconvenient locationwould stay againa great place to stayconveniencesinkmattress
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Beds are thin mattresses, and my shower head is cracked so the water leaks out and the pressure is quite low. I called this afternoon around 1pm and it is now 6pm and nobody from maintenance has com by to fix it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Carlsbad South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Very small room, poor water pressure, laminate floors, horrible bed - mattress on a piece of wood,basically, no box spring. NO HEAT! However, the location is good if you want to go to the beach. I was not there for the beach. I just needed a place to sleep, which was tough with no heat, an army-thin blanket, and freeway noise. However, you get what you pay for and I didnt really expect more.

Room Tip: There are none - lol.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Booked a room at this hotel for a weekend at Legoland with my baby. Getting really excited I thought I should make sure the pool is up and running. But first asked if they will hold luggage until check in because I arrive at the airport at 8:00am. I really thought it was silly to ask since all hotels offer that basic convenience. But I thought just to make sure..... Surprisingly they do not! I have stayed at countless hotels domestically and internationally and this is the first hotel to say that they cannot. What am I supposed to do with our luggage? Sit in the lobby until check in time until we can enjoy our day at Legoland? She said it was due to security. Well... what does that really say about your staff? That the staff can't be trusted? Or you can't trust the area your staff would store the luggage? Wow! .... booking now immediately cancelled. I called the surrounding hotels nearby to see what their policy is and they laughed at how ridiculous the initial question was. Too bad ... money now being directed elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This week i traveled on business and more to San Diego area. Because i love the Ocean i want to get as close to the beach as possible. That as we all know can mean your can spend beaucoup bucks. I was traveling without my wife and was delighted at $ 50 to $60 bucks a night, CAN YOU DIG IT !!
The room was clean and Newley remodeled. I was happy that i choose this place and can recommend it to others. In Southern Cal it is expensive so if I can save a few bucks on a room, why not. JS

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Stayed here while attending MCRD graduation ceremonies only about 30 minutes away. Motel has a courtyard layout with plenty of parking that made loading and unloading very easy. Room was clean and comfortable except that A/C went out second night. So far, management has not seen fit to adjust cost of stay. Location was only about a mile from beach. Staff did a fair job of responding to issues we had.

Room Tip: All rooms on courtyard around pool
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family