“Miguel's Cocina in Carlsbad”
Review of Miguel's Cocina

Miguel's Cocina
Ranked #16 of 388 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Went there with fellow business coparts after a day of sales meeting that were held local. They were very busy when we got there about 7. we sat in the bar and had drinks but before the drinks came, our table was ready.. most of the people with me had some sort of fish tacos which all look amazing, I had the fajita combo and it was super delish. We ended up staying until about 9:30 and the place had almost emptied out.. I would recommend going after 8. and I'll go back when in town.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner after a long day at Legoland. It was very busy, but the wait was surprisingly short, maybe 10-15 minutes. The restaurant had nice decor and a lively atmosphere. Good for families and big groups.

The server was excellent. She was very timely with taking drink and appetizer orders. She even expedited my 3-year old’s order for chicken nuggets before he had a meltdown. She was very attentive throughout the whole visit, especially considering the restaurant was extremely busy. Not once did we have to hunt her down for assistance. At the end of the meal, she also coordinated for the servers to sing happy birthday to my son for his birthday.

The food was great! We all enjoyed what we ordered. My combo fajitas were yummy. I especially liked the jumbo shrimp wrapped in bacon. And I loved that they had hand-made corn tortillas. My husband enjoyed their special cheese dip that comes with their chips and salsa.

I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

OMG is all I can say! The white sauce, the enchiladas (which I don't even like soft and or smothered food), the nachos, shrimp... Not one thing that I had or tried was nasty. I have recommended this restaurant to my friends from NY that were visiting this area of California and they too were more than satisfied. Do NOT NOT go here if you are in the area. Not your typical "chain"restaurant AT ALL!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Taco Tuesday is great. I recommend the grilled swordfish tacos. Cold Pacifico on tap. Great bartenders.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Miguel's is just wonderful. The food is delicious, the atmosphere is casual, and the service is excellent. In addition, their Jalpeno cheese dip that is served with their chips is so addictive that you want to take a jar home with you. We had the lobster and crab tortilla and it was out of this world.

Been to Miguel's Cocina? Share your experiences!