Reviews (1 145)
1 145 results
All reviews across the street surf boards luxury suite within walking distance full kitchen beach towels beach access gas fire jacuzzi tub putting green perfect location restaurants and shops carlsbad village grounds are beautiful great room home away from home living room
3 - 8 of 1 145 reviews
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Back again, two years have passed and we were still treated with the same charm, amazing humans on staff, beautiful property and perfect central location to explore Southern California. I absolutely love the Ocean Palms, it’s like a home away from home. Tiffany, Angelina, Jose and Maddy couldn’t have been more accommodating, helpful and patient at the front desk and the housekeeping ladies and gentlemen were just lovely. Definitely going back...again, again and again.

Love from Bermuda!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2018

My wife and I spent 4 day weekend at Oceans Palms Beach Resort for our 2nd anniversary and had a great time. The staff and grounds were awesome. Rooms were very nice and all the things needed to fix meals in the full kitchen. My wife loved how close to the beach we were, I counted 160 steps from door to sand. Beautiful place will definitely be going back.
Don D

Room tip: Room 107 has view of ocean
Reviewed 22 October 2018

My wife and I just returned from a trip from So Cal that included a two night stay at the Ocean Palms Beach Resort in Carlsbad Village. We were impressed and pleased with our choice to stay at this resort. Could not have asked for a more central location in Carlsbad Village. Steps from the beach access, a walking trail along the beach front and the many restaurants and shops that make up Carlsbad Village. The resort itself is unique in that the rooms are very modernized but the grounds themselves have a very island feel/look that is authentic. Lots of nice touches like perfectly placed palm trees, lounge/deck chairs, gas firepits etc. Room was clean and had a very nice bathroom and kitchen area. While we did not spend much time in the pool/ hot tub area, it seemed welcoming and the surrounding area was good for napping/reading and even doing some morning yoga stretches on the turf. No need to use your car much as you can walk to the best restaurants (Blue Water Grill, Daily News Café and 264 Fresco were our choices). Check out Witch Creek Winery around the corner for something unique. Breakfast is included in the rate but that was nothing to brag on as it was limited to plain bagels, dry granola bars and some yogurt. Fresh ground Starbucks coffee is available in the front office/pantry area beginning at 7:00am (really should open sooner). Overall a most excellent stay and good value for the $$$.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

If you are looking for that perfect California Beach Hotel from years gone by, then the Ocean Palms Beach is for you. What I love about this property is everything that it is NOT. What do I mean; it isn’t a mega resort (you don’t have to go through the over the top lobby, you don’t have to fight for a space at the pool, NO RESORT FEES, NO PARKING FEE, $45 breakfast) It isn’t a cookie cutter hotel like every single Hampton, Marriott Courtyard, Holiday Inn. What is it, a little slice of Aloha. Oh, did I mention you can walk to EVERYTHING (beach, drinks, and dinning). Lastly, the grounds are exactly like every single picture you see on TripAdvisor and Instagram, the rooms are big and spacious and the hotel’s staff are all very personable (especially Jose). The hotel is almost perfect….
Where can the Ocean Palms improve? At least in our case the bed, big beautiful window with a ‘peek a boo’ ocean view we wanted to spend some more time in the bed but it just wasn’t that comfortable, a little too hard. A little noisy if you keep a window open as we did to listen to the ocean (this is really more of an FYI and not an area of improvement). Lastly, full payment at time of booking NO REFUND or Change allowed. I understand as a small/smaller property that changes can really affect the business, so I would completely understand a penalty such as; no changes within 1 or 2 weeks of arrival, 1st night charge for all cancellations, etc.
In closing, will we stay again, of course and would I recommend, Yes.. Have Fun!

Room tip: 210, 211, 212, 214 best views
1  Thank John D
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Steps from the beach and right in the village. Quiet and relaxing. Just the place we needed for our get away. Comfortable, clean rooms, cozy fire pit patio. We couldn’t have asked for more. The staff was very pleasant and knowledgeable, especially, Jose at the front desk who put up with all of our questions. We have and will continue to recommend this hotel and will be returning again soon!

Date of stay: September 2018