“Unique Concept”
Review of Barrel Republic

Barrel Republic
Ranked #82 of 392 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is a fun place; your wrist band bills your debit card for the ounces of beer and wine you elect to taste. I love wine on tap, and this place offers a reds and whites to try. The food is decent. Frankly, it gets a bit spendy to drink this way, so watch your ounces...!

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and the food was good. My husband had the lamb sliders, which I normally don't like lamb but they were very tasty. The kiddo had the crispy avocado grilled cheese sandwich which was also good,a lot of flavor,but a different type of bread would have suited it better. I had the iron man salad which I was not very impressed but I think it was because the dressing did not match the salad. There were 52 types of beer, a kombucha, a ginger beer and iced tea on tap and sold by the ounce. I had an ounce of The Beachwood Blendery for the love of guava #39 and thought it was very good. The non alcoholic ginger beer was good. I would go back!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Food and drinks were great. However, the service was shocking. I was breast feeding my 6 week old baby when my 20 month old ran to a shelf and played with the cutlery which was placed on the bottom level (who places cutlery on a bottom shelf at a restaurant that is kid friendly??). Two waitresses freaked out at her but still refused to move the cutlery out of reach. My husband (who owns a couple of restaurants himself) approached the manager and confronted him about putting the cutlery being on the bottom shelf and the waitresses being so rude. The manager disagreed with my husband and told us we are wrong and not respecting the waitresses (they could have just asked us to keep our todler away from the shelf if it bothered them so much). The manager then went on to make addisional comments that we completely out of line and unacceptable. We felt so unwelcome! Its a pitty because it a great spot.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Access to a variety of beers-limited selection of wines. Lunch isn’t busy and enjoyable. Music is a little loud for lunch-probably right for the night crowd. More of a bar layout. Had the veggie flatbread but crust was thicker than my preference for a flatbread. Being able to pour a glass of wine when I wanted rather than waiting on waitstaff was awesome. So, would I come back, yes. But, now know more what to expect.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

What I like about Barrel Republic is you pour yourself a brew, any brew among some 50+ beers. You pay up front a set amount and are given a debit card. You then proceed to the tap room and peruse the beer selection. Each beer has a separate tap, is described and the price per ounce is listed. So, you pour as much as you wish and the amount is debited from your card. That allows you to sample as much as you wish in small quantities until you hit upon a favorite. A nice way to experience a wide variety of brews. They also have a brew pub menu and appetizers.