Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
US$123
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Reviews (1 354)
1 354 results
All reviews botanical gardens dino park mud bath hummingbird area hot springs costa rica zip lining front office cold pool butterfly enclosure natural sauna front porch waterfall tour dirt road spring pools off the beaten path huge bathroom
Selected filters
41 - 46 of 1 354 reviews
Reviewed 17 January 2020

The grounds are just lovely and the staff seem friendly and nice, however, our trip was soured by bad business practices. The hotel charged us for an excursion that was cancelled due to weather. I was not given an itemized receipt at check out and didn't notice the error until I was back home. It has been about 6 weeks since our trip and despite numerous emails back and forth, I have not received my refund. The emails are friendly and seem helpful but what does that matter when they are with holding my money? I am so sad this happened because we did enjoy our stay, despite the very heavy rain that prevented us from taking the scheduled excursion. I just wish the hotel would do the right thing and refund me!

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank frza
Blue River Resort, Owner at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2020

Hola - I am quite upset to be finding your review and will appreciate if you will write the hotel via email. I am not able to write an email address in this response, but I will alert the reservations staff member to be on the lookout. I'm very sorry.

Reviewed 16 January 2020

Dirt roads where a little scarier in the dark but Google Maps got us there from Liberia. I was a little nervous until we met Kenny and Mario in the office. Made us feel right at home. Spoke English very well and very friendly. HUGE, Very clean and comfy rooms. Roofs are tin and you know that when it rains but it's fine. You are in the rainforest. At no time did I feel like "yuck". The grounds where beautiful. We only stayed 2 days but that was enough. There is NOTHING to do in the evening so bring games. Spanish TV didn't do us any good so we where in bed by 8 or so. Breakfast ok but the Orange Juice tasted like TANG. Food was very very good for Lunch and Dinner just a little expensive but again you have to realize what it takes to get fresh food to this place is not an easy journey. So it was understandable. Tubing ride was a mistake for my husband and me. We didn't expect to be tubing down a ROCK bed. My son hit is head on a rock when he flipped but you do wear a helmet. Husbands dislocated his finger. Someone did pull it back though and it was sort of ok. I think it's a pretty dangerous trip myself. The kids liked the it. Horseback to the Falls was fun. I guess the horses for the mountain area are as healthy as they can be. Freddy was an awesome host and took us thru the gardens. The wait staff where all so very nice, kind and polite. I would totally recommend going at least once for 2 or so days. It was a great start to our adventure and the staff made the trip for us!

Date of stay: January 2020

Hola! Thanks very much for your kind review. Indeed, its early to bed and early to rise over here. There are many resort amenities to partake in, mostly relaxing - hot springs, botanical gardens, butterfly gardens, mini horses and donkeys, bird watching and some wildlife, mud bathes and the Blue River Spa. Then, when ready, guests can set out into the rain forest jungle on Eco-adventure tours where spectacular blue rivers, waterfalls and wildlife await. There is zip lining, water tubing, horseback riding, hiking and visits to local homes. Many tourists spend a lot of travel time, driving the bumpy roads of Costa Rica, when much of what they seek can be experienced here, out of one location.
Hola from the staff and management. And with our sincere appreciation!

Reviewed 15 January 2020 via mobile

We were so impressed with this facility from the moment we arrived. The check in staff was very kind, informative and speedy. Our cabin was clean, quaint and well stocked with towels. We couldn’t believe how beautiful and well kept the grounds are. The natural setting makes you feel like your immersed in nature while still at a resort. We loved the discreet signage giving info on the flora and fauna as we walked around in awe of the tropical plants. We got to see the sloth on our first day which was amazing! The hot pools and steam room were so cool and my kids loved the slide into the cold pool. The wait staff was friendly and the food and drinks were good. Even though it poured the whole day we were supposed to take our excursions, we still had an amazing time. I would highly suggest this resort if you want a real taste of the rain forest with safe and clean accommodations. 5 stars all around.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hola! From the staff and management, thank you for your review. Very appreciated!

Reviewed 14 January 2020

The resort is very quiet and beautiful. Part of the roads are unpaved. The cabin, the garden and hotspring pools are unbelievable. The only thing I regret is trying the river tubing, one of the activities the resort offered with a $45 fee. It was a horrific experience and I ended up falling in the river with rapid turbulence twice. The staff dumped me into the river and I immediately flipped and drowned. The staff helped me get back on the tube but I ended up having bruises and a big hematoma on my back. I had to stop halfway as I was shivering, horrified and in pain.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hola! So glad for your overall enjoyable experience but of course unhappy to learn about the bruise that resulted from your watertubing adventure. Hopefully you were warned about what the adventure is about. Though award-winning and rated the best tubing tour in the country, its also very real.
With our appreciation for choosing Blue River Resort & Hot Springs!!

Reviewed 13 January 2020 via mobile

This place has great green areas, hot springs and amazing aventures to do. However the service in the restaurant was poor, the food regular, but I’ll recommended because it very beautiful with path with different attractions, spa and gym.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 595dayanac

Hola - so sorry the food didn't meet our expectations but pleased to know the rest of your stay was good. Ordinarily our long time chef Jorvis, receives rave reviews. For those reading this review, if you have any particular preferences, don't hesitate to bring up with your server.
With sincere appreciation from the staff and management of Blue Rive Resort & Hot Springs.