All reviews max's restaurant hi express pancake machine iced coffee free breakfast parking lot outdoor pool bay view san francisco yogurt cookies microwave and fridge other hotels one night stay rental car free shuttle late flight
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

The best, I REALLY wanna Thank Malia and Anisha they are the best employers there and made me feel right at home! They made my stay awesome! Overall clean hotel, Good Employers like malia and Anisha 5 Star to me!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KristineI66, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hi Tywone,

Thanks so much for your comments! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff could leave such a great impression! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and hope to see you again in the future!

Kristine Ishida
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

This is the first time I stayed at this office. When I stepped in the hotel, I found it modern and made me feel energetic. The front desk staff is very helpful, even though no room is available for early check-in, the front desk staff keep me informed the status and offered me to have a drink at the breakfast area. The buffet breakfast is good, coffee and tea serve all day long. You can also take a walk at Bay Area, looking sunset. For sure I will stay in this hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Grace P,

Wow! Thank you so much for your lovely comments! We're so thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful all-around experience and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with your fellow travelers. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Kristine Ishida
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2018

The hotel is old and the breakfast is very crowded and no restaurant on the hotel and the nearby ones are not suitable, they have an airport shuttle and the staff is friendly. We have to walk and cross the highway to reach decent stores or restaurants, not much to do in the hotel we are lucky for not staying more than one night.

Room tip: Rooms away from the lobby is more quieter especially in the morning
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Airport hotels are generally a pretty dismal lot, in my experience. Also in my experience, Holiday Inn Express hotels can be grouped into two buckets: the new and remodeled ones, which are excellent, and the old, tired, run-down ones, which are, well, old, tired and run down.

This Holiday Inn Express is more in the latter category. The lobby is nice enough, but the rooms and halls need a bit of freshening. That's the bad.

Here's the good (and there's much more of it):

- Beds were new and comfortable
- Breakfast attendants were very good about keeping everything stocked (thanks!)
- A/C worked well and as dictated by the thermostat (not always the case)
- Very close to the airport (<10 mins by car) and an easy commute into San Francisco
- There is a CalTrain stop very close by, which is handy if you don't want to fight the ridiculous SF traffic

This is a solid airport hotel, and I would not hesitate to stay there again... but do recommend a bit of money be spent on new carpets, etc.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We stayed for a very brief night recently at the Holiday Inn Express SFO Airport South. We had a 2-queen bed room with a bay view.

No real complaints, but it is an older property. The Bay view was nice as we could see planes taking off from SFO from our room window.

The staff did a good job of communicating with me via email, answering several questions I had prior to arrival.

Note: This hotel does not seem to offer a 24-hour shutttle to (or from?) the airport. Please confirm before your arrival if you anticipate needing it late or early. We took the first shuttle from the hotel to the SFO airport (Classic Shuttle, white van that does not show the name of the hotel) at 4:08am. We arrived at the airport terminals a few minutes later. Very efficient.

We had to leave the hotel before the complimentary breakfast hours, but we had asked in advance for a pre-prepared "to-go" bag of breakfast items, which was ready for us upon our departure: bottles of water, granola bars, yogurt and an apple, which was a nice touch.

• Trip type: Travelled with family