“Okay, if staying nearby”
Review of Kincaid's

Kincaid's
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 186 Restaurants in Burlingame
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Airport Blvd.
Description: Kincaid's translates the traditional fish, chop and steak house into contemporary terms. In a casually elegant atmosphere, the restaurant offers outstanding cuisine and impressive bay views. You'll find new classics, consistent excellence and a splash of swagger!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

It was our mistake to think that the waterfront location might create a romantic dining experience. However it is an extremely noisy open room with a rather odd layout. Service was slow, and both of our orders were wrong. Food was okay, not great. Presentation was sloppy and unappealing. The waiter (who was friendly and sympathetic) arranged for one meal to be comped, and added a free two-item dessert to try to make up for it. The effort was much-appreciated and - overall - it was just okay. It may be a choice for nearby hotel guests, but it is not recommended for those looking for a memorable meal.

1  Thank SFO_Drew
Management R, Manager at Kincaid's, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Hi Sfo_drew, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit. We would like to have a better understanding about your experience. Please reach out to us at (650) 342-9844 at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to resolve this with you.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I came here with my son for dinner before flying home in the morning. The restaurant is located within walking distance of the Doubletree hotel and given its location on the bay it was a great location. I arrived early for my reservation and was seated immediately. I was given a nice view of the bay and airport. After having read the reviews on line I was hopeful that this would be a decent dining experience.

We started out both ordering the oysters. I want to first point out that the menu doesn't state how many come in an order. The server (not our waitress) delivered a plate of oysters to the table and put them down in front of my son. I naturally assumed that an order was 12. However, I was told after the fact that an order is 6. I have an issue with that type of thing. I then ordered another dozen. The oysters were fine however I would say that the amount of shell embedded in the oyster seemed rather excessive. I have no idea what that is about but I found myself fishing shells out of my mouth a lot.
Our second course was the 40 day aged wagyu sirloin. Ordering this type of thing in a restaurant usually involves trust. I will admit that my particular palate is not refined enough to be able to identify the subtleties in wagyu vs grass fed vs otherwise. I do know the difference between sirloin and filet. In this case I believe I was served a filet and not the sirloin. Either way the steak was good. The vegetable however, were not so good. I love brussel sprouts but I don't like them raw. I have to say that the ones I was served were closer to raw than anything. Given everything up to this point, I have to question the quality of the kitchen staff. Sorry but that is how I feel about it.

The wait staff was certainly something interesting to watch. As I sat at the table I watched one waitress approach a table of hers and apologize for ignoring them and tell them that she would fix that. She certainly did. As the couple was served their food she stood at their table as they ate and had a full 10+ minute conversation with them. The couple continued to eat as the waitress went on about this and that. I have to believe that they were just being polite to the woman. No offense to anyone who enjoys that but when I dine out, I like to have a conversation with the person(s) I am with. That's just me.

One of the other waiters gave me cause for concern. He was sweating so badly that I wasn't sure he wasn't having some sort of health issue. Never mind the obvious. He appeared to be under a great deal of stress. I can only hope he is ok.

My waitress was very good. She was accommodating. She was understanding about my confusion over the oysters. She was as attentive as she needed to be. I was perfectly happy with her service. She checked on us periodically which is something I appreciate. I did not complain about the vegetable as it wasn't worth making a fuss over and you never really know how that is going to go over in the kitchen. I think you know what I mean.

I have given my rating of a 4/10 as this restaurant is on the pricier side and I have higher overall expectations at that level. If I am in the area again, I will be looking at other options. If you want a decent meal and are willing to pay for the view then this is a perfectly viable location. You are right on the water which is really nice. You just have to be willing to over look some of the detail.

2  Thank Univax

Hi Univax, we can assure you that we do not find this type of behavior acceptable, and we would like to address the situation you have described.

If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

please fell free to contact me so we can further talk about your food and service...

klopez@r-u-i.com
650-342-9844

Reviewed 11 June 2018

The location is nice along the bay. You can see the planes coming into SFO.
The service was good. Food tasted good but it seemed the scallop dinner was really small for a meal. I left hungry. My wife and daughters had steaks and enjoyed them.
If I go back I would order something different.

1  Thank Mike S

Mike S, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Kincaid's Burlingame! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

The Kincaid's is a very good restaurant close to the airport of San Francisco. We went there multiple times, because we really enjoyed the food during our stay in the Bay area.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Excellent food - seafood is exceptional. I had salmon. My dining companions had the steak and it was also excellent as is the bread. Really, I don’t think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. It is expensive but the view overlooking the water is sensational.

Dwrddr, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Kincaid's Burlingame. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. Take care!