“Tasty Tempura”

Emon
Ranked #224 of 456 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Shame on me for not having reviewed Emon before now. It’s easy to think about reviewing the new places, but it would be good to share about the favorites, too!

Family run and staffed, Emon has been a staple in this area for quite a long time, with good reason. Friendly folks, excellent food, terrific value.

Today was #6, the teriyaki chicken + vegetable tempura combo (to go), $11.99 out the door. Teriyaki is authentic, not the overly sweet stuff. Ample portions with enough for two meals (lunch today and tomorrow!). Tempura batter light & crunchy (not greasy at all) cooked to crispy perfection.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Yummy def have the get everything but the sushi lol. Earned two more stars. This place is sooo yummy.
Yday I had the beef udon which was amazing and today I have the Emon box which was also really yummy.
Very nice staffs and it's newly remolded
I would go there again

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Apparently this place has been here forever and is bomb.
I will pass on the sushi next time. They shouldn’t even be serving that here.
Barff never again.
I ordered the 2+2+2. Which is yellowtail, salmon and tuna.
I don’t know what kind of “yellowtail” it was but it was the thickest piece of weed smelling fish I’ve ever seen, I took a bite and couldn’t eat it.
Starving I drenched the salmon and tuna in wasabi.
My boyfriend not knowing about good Japanese food, loved his tray and has always lol. I don’t like teriyaki sauce.
I think I ordered the wrong items because everyone was ordering the udon noodles.

Maybe next time, if there is a next time will I try something cooked.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

A strip mall restaurant is a gamble. That being said Emon is a balanced eatery on the slightly over priced side of rice and noodles. Parking can be difficult because of Bea Bea's that shares the same lot. Average selection of Japanese cuisine however there is no beverage station, self serve bottle and can service only, luckily they have all the water you can drink from a plastic cup absent ice. Average meal and your beverage plus tip $10-15 a person. No bathroom you have a choice of either Von's or Starbucks. Oh, and they have a minimum you're allowed to spend on your card like $10 or they don't accept debit or credit.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

We ate here many times on our recent stay in Burbank. Surprisingly good sushi - fresh and delicious. You couldn't predict this from the look of the restaurant. Hot food was good too and great value. They serve brown rice as an option. Really good choice for cheap casual Japanese food.

Been to Emon? Share your experiences!