“Great local pub”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Rickford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great local pub, nice and relaxed with good beer and cider. The staff are very friendly and relaxed. The food is homely and satisfying. Well worth stopping by on your way past.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

What a great pub.
Warm welcome from staff and locals alike.
I was on my own and made to feel at home at the pub quiz.
My steak was well cooked and tasty, the whitebait equally good and a healthy portion.
My room was clean, spacious and very good value.
Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and I visited The Plume of Feathers 21/10 having walked 6.5 miles across the Mendip Hills from Shipham, Somerset.
The Plume serves food until 14.30.

We arrived at the pub (having been several times in the past) just before 14.30. I stood at the bar and my partner perused the food menu board on the wall whilst we waited for service.

A particularly unenthusiastic and unwelcoming girl came to the bar a few minutes after we entered.
It seemed that asking what white wines they stocked by the glass was a huge effort for this girl as a short and aggressive tone was used to tell me of the 3 wines.
I ordered our drinks whilst chatting with my partner at the bar of what food we fancied and then I proceeded to try and order our food once the drinks were placed on the bar.

“We stop serving food at 2.30, the Burrington Pub up the road does food all day”.

At 14.31 (having been at the bar pre 14.30 waiting for service) that was the response to me trying to order food.
No apology, no checking with the chef, couldn’t be more unhelpful or any less communicative with us.

I looked at the clock behind her and pointed out that it was 14.31 to which a shrug of her shoulders was the response.

One drink each and a packet of salt’n’vinegar crisps with a pickled egg was our treat before we swiftly departed.

So frustrated to have literally walked all that way, specifically for lunch at The Plume of Feathers. We could have walked to numerous pubs for food - wish we did.

Thank you for the lovely, local and friendly service...

5  Thank Neil L
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Great pub, with great beer and highly recommend the homemade pizzas, they were delicious. Our rooms were very clean and nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. Nice fry up in the morning for breakfast, which went down a treat. They really looked after one of our group who was a celiac. The landlady made a delicious dish for him and were really mindful of his condition. Would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

A fantastic traditional country pub with excellent home cooked food and great selection of beers and ciders. The Sunday lunch is amazing