“Nice place to stay!”
other travellers have booked this property
Georgia Peach Summer Den with 42' HDTV, Free Netflix, Original Rock Fireplace
Downstairs Bedroom Queen Bed
Backyard
Georgia Street
Coupon and Things To Do Book
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

afhannah
Dallas, Texas
“Burned by owner!!!”
Reviewed 7 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The owner left me high and dry. After a long days travel I found myself stranded, because the cabin was occupied.
I had pre-paid for an eight day rental.
The owner WAS NOT very accommodating; not returning my calls/texts for sometime. It was after dark before securing accommodations on my own. As a single female I was very vulnerable. I still haven't received compensation. I later found out Jerry was fully aware that he had double booked the cabin.
Fay H.

Management Response
18 Sep 2017
Fay, please take our sincerest apologies for what happened to you with your booking as I am sure it was a terrible situation for you.
As We try to give each and every guest the best vacation we can, I feel I must refute some of the accusations you presented here.

First off let me say that we have been renting our home for over a decade now and have excellent rating on all of the sites we are on. We have our home on several sites including this one and have few problems, but that is not true on this site. This site has a calendar syncing technology that has flawed us in the past and does not sync or play well with the other sites we are on. As a result of this, we have had duplicate bookings in the past. Luckily we have caught them and been able to resolve them before they were much of a problem. Unfortunately for you, this did not happen. This is one of the reasons we are very unhappy with the performance of this site.
We can not place all of the blame on this site's inadequacies, as I must take some of the blame for not double and triple checking the dates of your booking. For that I will apologize again.

I also wanted to address the fact that we did not "return your calls or texts for sometime". I looked back at my phone records. Your fist call and voicemail I missed at 5:12 PM. After hearing your voicemail several minutes later, (withing 10 minutes) we frantically tried to figure out what happened, but we did call you back within 20 minutes of that first call and voicemail. After hearing of the double booking for the first time with that voicemail, I called at least 10 places including several of our neighbors to find you another home for your entire stay. My wife called you back, again 20 minutes later. We ended up providing you with at least 4, or more comparable or nicer places, all within a mile or two of our place and all within an hour of your first voicemail. I remember that we had to do something fast because the rental businesses closed at 6 pm and I would not be able to book those comparable places for you after 6 PM. My priority was to get you a place immediately for that night and not have to put you off until morning.
You refused all of them. I then offered to get you a hotel room and you turned that down also. I also remember ending the conversation with you finding your own place.
We felt terrible at that point and wanted to do more, but with your refusal of our proposals, there was not any more we could do at that point.
The following morning, I received a call from this site and from you telling me that you wanted to cancel your reservation with us. Since I still have not seen any money from this site for your reservation, we had to oblige. We are appalled this site has not returned your money as of the time of your review.
If I were you, I would call them again to find out where your money is.

I also refute your statement that we were "fully aware" of the double booking prior to your phone call on your check in day. This is absolutely NOT true and grounds for a lawsuit as it insinuates that we had some kind of malice intent towards you, or your reservation and that could not be any further from the truth. I would very much like to know where you got this information?

Again, we would like to give you our sincerest apologies for what happened to you.
Leslie B
Thousand Oaks, California
“Nice place to stay!”
Reviewed 17 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

My sister and I took our kids to Big Bear for a couple of nights and decided to rent a private house instead of stay at the Lagunita Lodge. We were glad we did! The house was super homey and clean. Jerry was awesome and super accessible. The house has everything you need. The beds are comfy. Even though there is a full/queen? size bed downstairs, nobody wanted to sleep there alone, so we all slept upstairs where there are 3 beds - a king, a queen, and a twin. The house is actually perfect for a couple with a bunch of kids, but my sister and I didn't mind sleeping in the same room with our 7 and 8 year olds. They thought it was great. The location was good; it was very quiet. We would stay there again in the fall/summer....maybe not winter because the driveway is pretty sketchy.
All in all, a good choice :)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
ianckrame...
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect, charming, quiet cabin”
Reviewed 14 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I'd never been to Big Bear before, but the Georgia Peach made us feel right at home. It had everything we needed and more. None of us expected to be housed that well. Slept 4 of us very comfortably with room for more if you don't mind sharing. There is a path to a bike trail behind the cabin which was really great for random strolls, and it's located near everything you need for a great vacation from the real world. It has TVs and internet, but we never used it because we wanted to be off the grid. It was great in the summer, but I see why it's very popular in the winter for skiing. Can't wait to try it then!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jaymie M
“We didn't have one complaint staying here!”
Reviewed 15 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

Everything was incredibly accommodating and the location could not have been better. We came for a girls weekend but it was suited for just about anyone. We got a great cabin experience. Another bonus is how upgraded the technology is. It was incredibly easy to work the heater/wifi/TV/alarm system. We will definitely be returning.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jose M
“A Blast!!”
Reviewed 6 November 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Great place to stay! Beautiful scenery and home! The hot tub and amenities were very easy to use. We will definitely come back again to stay here!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing