Reviews (2 897)
2 898 results
1 776
1 776
All reviews plunge pool bruno mars martini bar the grill chez isabelle sports bar rooftop terrace lobster main pool language barrier room service non ec spaghetti club restaurant beachfront honeymoon flavor market walk in wardrobe
450 - 455 of 2 898 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Never made a review while staying st the resort. But our experience here has made us wants to shine a light on this glorious place. The facilities, from the common area as to the private room, are all outstanding. We have travelled far and wide and stayed at many all-inclusive resorts, and this is far and away the nicest one.

But the element of this resort that makes it stand apart is very simple: THE PEOPLE. The service is kind, generous and attentive to every need. The warm and friendly staff are alll extremely respectful and only looking for ways to go over and above.

Some people we want to thank:

ALEXANDER Severino. This sweet gentleman has repeatedly gone out of his way to enhance our experience and delight us. The best part is, his generosity and warm nature are genuine. Great spirit.

Deinny Mauricio has been our waiter several times, and is fantastic. He is gentle, very attentive, and has made our meals special.

Antonio from the beach bar, what a guy. We are thankful for all the people, they have gone over and above, out of their way.

Lastly, all of the staff at the gym. They have made our workouts more fun and added a whole dimension to the holiday that we weren’t expecting. It’s a world class facility with top notch, professional trainers leading the classes. J. Fernandez, and Miguel, thank you both!

Room #2114

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Adam C
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We just arrived home from our anniversary trip to Excellence El Carmen and it was beyond our wildest dreams! We stayed in a junior suite with our own private pool and garden. The room was huge, clean and way beyond our expectations. The pool and patio were huge! We enjoyed the privacy and quiet atmosphere. We never waited for a table at a restaurant or a pool chair to open up. The bars were quick and you never had to wait for a drink. We were greeted by “Super Manny” upon arrival (he is the BEST- so friendly and helpful) and he also helped us to our transportation when we left. The champagne and cool towel upon arrival set us up for the most relaxing and romantic vacay ever!
We highly recommend the spa- we did the hydrotherapy and 80 minute couples massage and wish we would’ve gone earlier in the week so we could go again for a 2nd time. Book the spa! You won’t regret it! The spa staff was friendly and fun! The hydrotherapy was entertaining and relaxing!
We never saw a staff member who wasn’t smiling and we were greeted with a friendly hello by everyone we met. The staff called to check if we needed anything daily and any requests we had (more towels or in room drinks) were met immediately. The pools and hot tubs were never too busy. We LOVED the quiet atmosphere!
The food was way better than expected- I recommend Spice and Lobster House as they were our favorites. We had a private anniversary dinner at the French restaurant and it was so incredible. The anniversary breakfast they prepared for our “breakfast in bed” was phenomenal.
The evening entertainment was fun and you could tell the staff enjoyed their jobs! The Michael Jackson tribute show was the best!!
PS- there were flamingos outside our garden area. Such a beautiful property.
Book your trip! You will be happy you did. We are already planning our next anniversary trip there.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lindseylovesvacay
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This has been a fantastic holiday great customer service by everyone other than a female we dealt with on reception in the excellence club upon arrival.
The rooms are spacious and kept clean and well stocked the food has been great especially in The Grill French and Magna with enough choices to keep going back .
The Italian does not provide more than one pasta dish each day which is annoying for customers.
You were made to feel very special and everyone went out of there way to make sure you were given everything required the resort is spacious and even if full does nor appear to be crowded , we never had to wait to be served or there was always quick service after ordering .
The entertainment team make everyone enjoy there day without being intrusive! They go above and beyond and work extremely hard
The people who have stood out for us are Jorge in Magna .
Black coffee - where he gets his enthusiasm and energy together with his love to the people from I don’t know but he is a fantastic asset to Excellence.
Cassandra for her calm lovely manner Bruno Mars for making you feel special . Coca Cola and Cappuchino and James Brownand Mampula for the customer care they show together with all the rest .
We will be back to this fantastic resort before to long.
Thank you everyone for a great stay.

Room Tip: I would suggest upgrading to Excellence club to get the most out of the resort but not necessary ! We
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gail F
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The cleaners were in our room and stole out of my purse and my husbands suitcase. The next morning security knocked on our door at 8 am and said there was as a silent alarm going off in our room. He stepped on our night stand to shut it off literally right next to my husbands head. And just left. No explanation. What was this silent alarm?!? After we reported the theft in our room, the hotel was keeping an eye out for us. Every time we returned to the room, they happen to call our room. We cancelled our dinner on the beach and the manager found us at dinner to give her an explanation why we canceled. This was in the middle of our dinner! She told me my husband didn’t look sick, so explain why we cancelled. After this we felt very unsafe. As I can see from these reviews and their Facebook page. That theft is a regular occurrence at this location. When we reported it I was told that it’s not their responsibility bc it wasn’t in the safe. But yet they are stealing out of the safe. And conveniently our room key was stolen too. Not one person offered to get us a new key. And when security came to our room they said it was policy to go through all of our stuff again. He went through my purse and my husband suitcase. At this point I was completely scared. We have pictures to prove that everything was gone through. They brought a machine to our room to try and see who swiped in our room. But that ironically it didn’t work so they needed to come back later. On Friday a manager called our room and said that he would have compensation us for the stuff that was stolen. When we spoke to him. He wanted us to sign a contact that we wouldn’t talk about this issue and he would give us a discount on our next visit. If this isn’t happening often why is there even a contract?!? Needless to say we couldn’t get off the resort fast enough. We were scared to leave the resort for our excursion. I didn’t want them to know we were away from the room.

We didn’t get to use the cleaning service Bc after they stole from us already and we didn’t want them in our room. We were told by the staff to keep the do not disturb sign on the door and this will keep everyone out. Im sure. However, Someone stole our sign off the door. So we had to call and wait 30 mins for a new one. I had to clean the room myself Bc the room was filled with mold. All over the floor the shower the sinks. We killed several mosquito’s which were filled with blood so they obviously just bit us or someone. When I walked on the deck my foot went through a board and I sliced my foot. While on the resort not ONE person cared about our issues. I think they wanted to intimidate us. Every time we walked in the room, they would call and ask a question. How did they weirdly know every time we walked in the room? The resort knows they can keep getting away with this stuff. They offer people discounts and money to just shut up. This is not fair to the people who do not know what is happening to their rooms when they are out of it! If we didn’t specifically watch out for the theft I would have never know either! Several Facebook posts in their Facebook group mentioned to make sure you take pictures of ur stuff before you leave! And we did! Sadly this is what started this nightmare trip. This issue needs addressed with this resort immediately! Everyone is giving this resort good reviews bc they do not realize that are being robbed. Yes the resort is beautiful and the people are very nice. But it’s not worth being robbed of your belongings and peace of mind! These are just some pictures from our room! All the red stuff on the floor is mold! This is unacceptable for how much this resort cost. I really hope that this review will help someone not be a victim of this theft!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank ajsenge
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I stayed at the resort from the 7th-14th June with my boyfriend. After researching online we were quite sceptical but it didn't disappoint one bit! Upon arrival we were greeted by real friendly staff with a glass of champagne. Our luggage was taken by a bellboy to our room immediately after checking in. You could see the place was pure luxury and it was decorated beautifully. We had a junior swim up suite which was amazing. It was a lot more spacious than the photos online and was very modern. The room had 3 bottles of alcohol in it and a minibar that was regularly topped up (and room service is included!). The layout of the resort is not too complicated (not too big either!) and all of the bars and restaurants are easily accessible. On our first night there was a Domincan themed BBQ on the beach followed by entertainment up at the theatre and then a dj/disco to finish off. The staff are all so friendly and go the extra mile for you. One waitress would walk up the pavement by our swim up pool and bring us cocktails straight to the pool. They are constantly waiting on you hand and foot. I can't say I'd fault any of the restaurants in particular but the French restaurant (Chez Isabelle) and the Hibachi at Spice were definitely my favourites. The cocktails everywhere are made with premium liquors and there is such a variety on all the menus, food and drink. There was a lovely pool concierge (I think her name was Maridala?) who was so so friendly and always moving beds around for us and getting bottles of water. It was by far the best all inclusive I've ever experienced and to top it off we had fantastic weather. If I could fault one thing it would be that there was a faint smell of dampness in our room, we did mention this and the cleaners came and sprayed and put fresheners in our room, it never really went (you soon get used to it) but it didn't effect the quality of our holiday.

There is an excursion desk where you can book trips downstairs, we went to Coco Bongo one night which was a great night out and we also did the trip to Saona Island. Unfortunately we were not impressed with that one and after complaining we were told we would receive compensation for being dissatisfied. After going back and forth to the desk to find out what was happening with getting our money back, eventually time ran out and it was time for us to go home and on the last day when we arranged to meet with the adviser, we could not find him to get our money back.
His name was Juan Javier (+1 829 761 6228) and our trip to Saona Island on Monday the 11th June, costing $120 USD each. I've tried getting in contact with the hotel by email and phone but still no luck - so if this could be looked into would be very much appreciated.

Overall, an amazing stay and I would recommend this to anybody!

Room Tip: We loved the layout and style of our swim up suite and the location (4009) was perfect
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple