Reviews (8 918)
5 715
1 935
5 715
1 935
All reviews diamond club mermaid pool david castillo tagine culinary experience middle eastern restaurant moroccan restaurant luxury room hunter steakhouse sushi travel smart punta cana foam party presidential suite entertainment staff lobby bar small resort
4 514 - 4 519 of 8 918 reviews
Reviewed 4 July 2016

For our honeymoon experience I was extremely pleased. Everyone from time of arrival to time of departure were completely amazing. We were blown away by all the amenities. The spa was our favorite super relaxing. Can't wait to plan our next trip!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MauricioZaratePUJ, General Manager at CHIC by Royalton Luxury Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Dear chontaye;

Receive a trendy regards from CHIC Punta Cana,

In the name of our Team Work, we are pleased to receive your comments regarding your last experience in our CHIC Punta Cana and we are so glad to know that we were able to provide you an exclusive stay.

We will be more than honored to receive you in a near future to provide you an Exclusive stay at CHIC Punta Cana.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

I just returned from a 5 night stay at CHIC. I went with 5 friends (one couple and 4 single guys). We all did the Diamond Club. We had 3 suites. The room that myself and my roommate were initially put in didn't have a 4th door on the glass shower. I requested a new room but was told there were no other 2 bedroom suites available at that time. It was clear they knew of the issue and didn't tell us before giving us the room. On a positive note we were switched into a different room the second night but I know they gave the broken shower suite to someone else because we were told we had to get out so it could be given to someone. The rooms are pretty nice. They're not going to blow you away but they nice. Blammy in the Diamond Club checkin was pretty accommodating for us.

I would recommend Diamond Club. The beach for Diamond Club is nicer. There are plenty of available beds and the grill out there has good food.

Speaking of food, we ate at all of the restaurants except the Munchies grill by the pool and the C/X Culinary Experience which you had to pay for. Vespa Italian was our favorite. The beef tenderloin is better than the steak I had at the steakhouse. Hunter's Steakhouse, Ceviche Asian, and Tagine Morrocan were all pretty good. The buffet is decent. If you do Diamond Club, you can get breakfast at Hunter's though nothing there was that special for breakfast. Room service is decent but can take a while if you order close to dinner. I really enjoyed the café which opened early every morning. They have coffee, tea and small sandwiches and donuts. Marisol at the café is the best. Tell her Bart Simpson said hello if you go.

The pools are plenty and nice. It wasn't hard to get lounge chairs on any given day. The pools supposedly close at 7 pm but they don't kick you out. They have private cabanas you can rent for something like $139. I wouldn't recommend it. They don't seem worth it. They're also partially enclosed which you'll learn means stuffy in Punta Cana. Any time the breeze is blocked, it gets hot quickly. The bars/wait staff don't start until 10:00 am. The wait staff at the pool was great. We got good service from Rosa, Areleana and the rest.

The resort does a good job at trying to provide entertainment. They employ several people to put on events and encourage people to participate. Angela, Fran and Fifi were great at going around and getting us involved.

If you are looking for a fun, all-inclusive, adults-only resort, check CHIC out. I will say we were looking for a place that wasn't all honeymooney. The vast majority of people at this resort were couples but it didn't feel like that. Most people seemed up to mingle and have fun. I didn't think it was as spring breaky as some reviews portray. Granted, we were the loud, fun group so maybe others felt differently.

The Dominicans are a fun group of people. They really make the stay enjoyable. I will say that most of them speak 33% English or less. Having a basic knowledge of Spanish goes a long way. My broken Spanish helped us a lot.

Now, time for things I didn't care for. I don't like to go to an all-inclusive that tries to upsell you on anything. IMHO, if you pay for all-inclusive, you should be allowed to have whatever. I don't drink wine but i'm told the wine that's included is horrible so they try to sell you different bottles. They also push a free breakfast or lunch where they want to talk to you for a couple hours about buying a time-share. Don't do it. You have to sometimes be aggressive in saying no as they can be pushy. Nexus Tours rents out cabanas. Again, I think all cabanas and amenities should be available without additional charge.

My final negative comment is reserved for the butler service provided for Diamond Club. Before going last week, I read lots of reviews on here. People frequently mentioned how great a butler Ramon was. We saw him immediately when checking in and I told him about it and said I hoped he was our butler. He indeed was. He proved to be less than helpful. He would pop up every once in a while but never seemed to follow up on whatever we asked him about. He was off our last two days. He made sure to tell us several times that he was leaving at 1. He was clearly asking for a tip. He said he would leave us with another butler who would take care of us. He introduced us to Emilio who didn't appear to be a butler but rather one of the guys who tries to sell you a timeshare. Not once did Emilio check on us. Luckily Blammy and others in the Diamond Club helped us with any issues including making reservations for us.

Overall, we all had a good time at CHIC. The food is good enough. They keep the drinks flowing and the people are friendly. I would recommend it to others.

I

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bart P

Dear Bart P;

Receive a trendy regard from CHIC Punta Cana,

On behalf of our Team Work, I would like to express our gratitude for counting with your preference in our CHIC Punta Cana for the enjoyment of your last vacation as well as let us know some details.

Thank you for bring those points to improve to our attention. We do really appreciate the feedback to our clients because is the best way to take the measures in our services and areas. Accept our sincere apologies.

We are glad to know that we were able to accomplish your expectation with our facilities and the service provided.

Hope you to visit us very soon for an Exclusive vacation at CHIC Punta Cana.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

CHIC Hotel was amazing, beautiful, pretty and most importantly, the people was cheerful, specially David who took care of all of us. You showed just magically at the right moment. All of us are really going to miss you a lot and hope to come back pretty soon. THANK YOU!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Brenda M;

Receive a trendy regards from CHIC Punta Cana,

It is our pleasure to receive your comments regarding your last experience in our CHIC Punta Cana.

Thanks for the special mention to David; we are so proud of him.

An AMAZING Holiday!!!

Tips
When you arrive at the airport, you have to pay 10 dollars each, so have that ready.

Once you have gone through customs, there are some men who you just assume are officials, and will ask you questions, these guys just want to hold your bags for you for tips, we payed the guy a good tip and as soon as he got it he seemed really moody and huffed off!

Excursions
We went on the dolphin trip which was AMAZING!!! my tip is to take a bottle of water with you! And you may want to take a towel. If you have your hair in a pony tail, you may be asked to take it out in case the hair band falls out in the water.

We also done boogie buggys! If you haven't brought sunglasses yet, and you're thinking of doing this trip, I recommend wrap around type of sunglasses as it was hard to see! With all the dust!!! You get taken to a STUNNING beach, and the 'paparazzi' take pictures - these pictures are simply stunning! The majority of people couldn't resist buying them - $40
You will also get quite a lot of sellers coming up to you.

Best restaurant was the steakhouse! Hands down the best steak I have ever had!

We paid for the majority of things with dollars, so have lots of $1's handy for tips.

We had our photos taken from Nadia at Chic, she is amazing, extremely talented and the photos were simply STUNNING!!! I highly recommend doing this.

Don't forget coconut milk is a laxative! So go easy on the Pina coladas!!! ;P

When it's time to leave it's $20 each at the airport, so make sure you put that by!

Room Tip: See all my tips in my review :)
4  Thank Jennifer O

Dear Jennifer O;

Receive a trendy regards from CHIC Punta Cana,

We are pleased to receive your comments regarding your last experience in our CHIC Punta Cana and we are so glad to know that we were able to provide you an exclusive stay.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

This was my second trip to the Dominican Republic, but my first time staying at Chic. Our Butler, Ramon, provided outstanding personalized service for the duration of our stay. Jorge also provided excellent VIP treatment for the time we rented the cabana. For the night time festivities, Frank, Angel, and Fifi did a great job of providing entertainment. I look forward to making a future trip back to Chic.

Room Tip: Diamond Club Rooms
1  Thank Syreeta C
MauricioZaratePUJ, General Manager at CHIC by Royalton Luxury Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear Syreeta C;