“Thank you so very much”

Glenridding Sailing Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Glenridding Sailing Centre, is a small sailing and activity centre based at the stunning southern end of Ullswater, in the Lake District. We provide a wide range of high quality, fun-filled outdoor activities, from sailing tuition, to team building activities, to canoe and kayak hire.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My son and I were desperately seeking a kayak for him to use to go fishing last week. We'd walked up to Red Tarn earlier that day but it was iced over. All I can say is thank goodness for Glenridding Sailing Centre who came up with the goods. Nothing was too much trouble and whilst my son's dreams came true I was looked after with a coffee and a warm place to spend the hour. Thank you sincerely for turning our day around. Very professional, very accommodating and very kind.

Date of experience: March 2018
"kayak hire"
"on spec"
"lake ullswater"
in 4 reviews
"staff were really helpful"
"taster session"
"treasure hunt"
"weather conditions"
"life jackets"

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We hired a canoe for a few hours on our last day of our holiday. Great way to see the lake from a different perspective! We were given life jackets and oars and off we went! We could get off and explore the little islands and row as long as we could still see the centre. There was no time limit, just pay when you return. Very relaxed and friendly guys. Would definitely recommend it!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 14 February 2018

For two seasons in a row 2016 and 2017 booked in at Glenridding Sailing Centre for some training in the traditional boats for our team of Volunteer Instructors. We were very happy with the standard of tuition (some advanced) and the friendly welcome on both occasions. Many thanks to you all. It was a very useful experience and a treat for our dedicated volunteers to have an "awayday" on Ullswater.
David Hall, Blackwell Sailing

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

A fantastic morning learning how to sail. Steve and his team are second to none, made to feel welcome from start to finish,
Kept warm with good kit and plenty of tea and coffee. In the boat Steve was clear with his instructions while having a laugh, a wonderfully enjoyable experience and would recommend to anybody who are interested in sailing. A massive thank you to you all at Glenridding Sailing Centre

Date of experience: November 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 November 2017

A small group of us organised for our 8 children (9-12) to do stages 1&/2 RYA Sailing Course in the October half- term. From start to finish the experience for both the children and the adults was second to none. Steve , the principal , Sue and Stu - all sailing instructors - were just wonderful with the children and the kids all loved it despite the first morning being bitterly cold. I know my children are desperate to go back and carry on with their sailing and I suspect I will be learning to sail too!
It's an absolutely stunning setting, but it's the people that make the true difference. We were all looked after properly and reassured and I felt very comfortable letting my children sail I had a boat for the first time. The facilities were great too -spacious, warm , lots of warm drinks on tap , showers and plenty of equipment.
My little one was very cold and a bit scared on the first day, but can't wait to go back and that is testament to the instructors. Thanks for a fabulous two days!

Date of experience: October 2017