Free cancellation until 27/07
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Linden House(Thurles)
All reviewsnew ownersleisure centrereception areanext morninglovely hotelfamily roomkids clubtop classbreakfast and dinnerstayed for nightsa lovely stayenjoyable stayfamily breakfantastic foodwedding receptionbar foodfunction room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for a little getaway break. From start to finish it was such an enjoyable experience. Lovely bedroom, fantastic staff, and the food in the bar was simply delicious! Will definitely be returning.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have never been here before but I definitely will be back. Came on a girlie weekend. Gorgeous gardens lovely triple access pretty building. Fab super comfortable lobby. Staff top notch in particular the waiters and waitresses great service professional and yet friendly. Particularly Nicole in the restaurant. Rooms immaculate so cleaning staff are great as for the kitchen fantastic food loved everything 6 people all having 2 courses and everyone happy with the food. I didn't use the pool but gym is well equipped. Rooms cosy and commie. I had room to the road but had a great sleep. Breakfast served to you again top notch despite coming down late the range was not depleted breakfast was yum. Bar is cosy with gorgeous outdoor seating. Thanks to all the staff I clouding the bar waiters who were young but great at their jobs. I loved also the relaxing music in the lobby and the decor throughout very cute. Can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: All our rooms though small were lovely all u need and clean
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On Saturday 23rd June, we travelled to Thurles for the Mayo V Tipperary football match. We arrived at our Hotel the Anner, at 2pm. We were met by a very pleasant girl who advised us that our room was not fully ready, but she would store our luggage in the back room.. We told her there was no problem as we were going to have a snack in the bar. We returned to the check in desk at 3pm. The same girl was there and was extremely busy. There were two others there with her, but did not make any attempt to check anybody in despite the queue being out the door. One in particular was literaly flicking through some papers and ignoring everyone. People in the queue were getting annoyed as they were mostly there fot the football game and were in a hurry to get sorted. Eventually this particular lady called us over. I signed the sheet for her. I asked her if I could book a taxi to the pitch and she informed me that there was no point as taxis would not come out to the Hotel on a match day. I then asked her if I needed to book for dinner that evening and she told me there was no need, plenty of room were her words. Three times I told her that our luggage was in the back room and she was obviously not listening,because another lady actually went and got it for us. We went to the game and returned at 8.30pm to be told that their dining room and bar area was fully booked and could not accomodate us. I was irate as I had been told there was no need to book. There were only 2 of us, so I couldnt understand how they could not accomodate us as there were a number of tables empty. There were 2 guys there with 2 children who were also staying in the hotel and they had got the same treatment. It was only after we decided to book out and find alternative accomodation that they then told us that a table was reserved for us. The manager Noel did come to our table and apologise and gave us a complimentary drink, which we did appreciate very much. The hotel was really beautiful and the food was magnificient. The bar and dining room staff were extremely friendly, so it was such a pity that we left with such a bad first impression. The girl who dealt with us initially at 2pm and the girl who checked us out were both extremely friendly and efficient, so it was a pity that one individual who showed no interest left a very bad impression with us. They say first impressions last. The reception area is the first port of call for all visitors and it is important that hotels bear this in mind.

Room Tip: All rooms nice.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On arriving in to reception we were greeted by Kathryn she is lovely very professional and extremely welcoming we were showed to our room and I must say the room was fab however Kathryn called us in the room to say she was moving us to a suite ..... which was I must say immaculate and very stylish we were delighted however the first room was also beautiful .... the food in the evening was great and plenty of it ..... breakfast the next morning freshly cooked to order with a buffet of fruits etc also the staff in the breakfast room lovely sorry I didn’t get your names but you were so very welcoming ...... to the management ‘ your staff are a credit to the Hotel’ .... we will most certainly be back one if the nicest hotels we have stayed in well done

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for work in the area. Very welcoming hotel and comfortable. Staff are very nice especially in the morning restaurant. Food for breakfast is freshly cooked and liked by all of us. The buffet of fruit etc is fine but could be improved upon. Busy hotel with coach parties and business people alike. The pool and fitness area is a great place to relax in the evening.Rooms are very clean and comfortable to a 4 star standard. Great secure parking. Nice gardens beside the hotel and it is convenient to walk into town in about 10 to 15 minutes. We often stay here and can recommend it. We travel here from the Templemore area as it is quiet at night for a good sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the pool in summer as they get overly warm. There is AC available.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business