All reviews elegant rooms old town small patio breakfast was included the owner ideal location comfortable bed tlc jacuzzi baroque stairs heart street basin greece luggage shampoo
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Perfectly situated in the old town, easily accessible, friendly staff, quiet, comfortable, renovated room & bathroom, clean with air conditioning.

My room, #4, had access to an almost private courtyard. I felt comfortable enough about hanging my towel and swimwear to dry outside in a "common area".

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Katerina S
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel a few days ago for a night. It was reasonably priced, and had decent reviews, so we booked it. Big mistake!

We checked into the hotel early afternoon, in the blistering 40+ degree Celsius heat, as Greece is in the middle of a heat wave right now. So we were shown to our room. Which was a stand alone unit on the ground level of the hotel, in the back of the courtyard, next to the laundry area. I think it was room #4...

The room definitely had a unique decor. Definitely not to our taste. However I'd never write a bad review because of decor alone.

The location of the room was a distinct drawback. We heard who hung out in the courtyard, and the cleaning lady Everytime she would access the laundry/cleaning room area. Not very private.

The room was absolutely tiny, which you can expect in Europe. However, this room was the smallest we've ever stayed in. There wasn't even enough room to put in a proper closet. They had a closet that was too small to hang clothes from. They had the hanger rod, and hangers. However they weren't deep enough to allow the doors to close. With the doors open, it was very hard to move around in the tiny area. The wifi didn't work in our room either. It only worked in and around the lobby area. Those were the small concerns.

Our big concerns... The lock didn't work on our door. It was extremely finicky, and it took me a few minutes Everytime we left the room to make sure it was secure. And even then we were worried, as we were carrying a lot of electronic equipment (i.e my drone and expensive cameras), as well as quite a bit of cash. The fact that our room was accessible through an unlocked courtyard to anyone walking the street had us worried.

The straw that broke the camel's back was the that A/C didn't work at all. We complained a few times, and got some ineffective advice from reception, that didn't help. Finally I got fed up, after doing everything we were told to do to make the A/C work, with nothing to show for it. So I visited reception, and requested that we change rooms. Because I wasn't comfortable with the lock, and because the a/c wasn't working. The receptionist said that this wasn't possible, and followed me to my room, pushed some buttons on the a/c and said it should start working, and to give it some time before it took effect.

We had to meet my parents for dinner at that point, and so we left the a/c on, and figured it would be cool when we got back to the room. We were gone for hours. And unfortunately, when we got back to the room, it was still scorching hot. At this point there was nobody to complain to, as it was around midnight, and reception closed at 11pm.

To cool the room down, we tried opening the windows in the room. However the windows were so big, that a person could easily climb into our room from the outside courtyard. So we left them open, because there was no way we we're going to sleep in that kind of heat. But we ended up staying up most of the night anyway, because we were worried about people coming in through the courtyard.

This hotel room is a nightmare, and should not be rented to visitors. I can't comment on any of the other rooms in this hotel, however, this was the worst room that I've ever stayed in.

On a positive note... The breakfast was half decent. They squeezed fresh orange juice for us. Which was nice, lol!!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017

In accordance to the charming and serene atmosphere of the old town of Nafplio, Ilion Suites is a boutique hotel with elegant rooms, each painted in a different color and decorated with antique furniture and al fresco paintings, which create a travel back in time feeling. This was our second visit to Ilion Hotel, the first time we chose a triple room which comparted of two connected spaces, was painted green and was full of antiquities and baroque furniture. This time we chose the suite, a very spacious and bright room, painted red, with 3 windows overlooking the old town’s neighborhoods as far as the sea. A carpet covering the wooden floor, the bed with the painted wooden panel and curtains aside, a big classic sofa and a painted wooden folding scene created a very luxurious feeling. There were also armchairs and a beautifully decorated table in the same space. Three mirrors on the walls and a painted and carved wooden ceiling gave an even more dramatic feeling. A beautiful hand painted door led to the huge bathroom with two large windows, two basins attached to a wooden furniture and a bathtub with Jacuzzi, big enough for two persons! In one word, it was a magical room, big, comfortable, clean, airy, with special attention to detail. Breakfast which was included in price needs improvement though, only the living room or the small patio where it is served are worth mentioning. Finally, the central and also quiet location of the hotel make it ideal for even a short vacation, as everything in the old town –including the main square- is only a few meters away. It is really a perfect value for money choice for a town with such a strong sense of historic past.

Room tip: There are stairs leading to the hotels and to the rooms and there isn't an elevator.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of three. It's located in the heart of Napflio but it was very peaceful while we were there. Staff were lovely. Breakfast was excellent. The building is clearly very old but seemed to be well maintained, with a lot of thought put into the decor, which is certainly very 'original ' as is evident in other people's reviews!

Overall, a lovely little hotel in a beautiful place. First class.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Greece
Reviewed 9 February 2017

The building is incredibly nice-since 1600! The decor in the same pattern. The only reason I would not go back is because I would like to acknowledge and another place in Greece. Overall, we loved our stay.

Date of stay: March 2016