Idwala Boutique Hotel Johannesburg
Sierra on Main(Randburg)
  • Pool
Ten Bompas(Dunkeld West)
View Hotel
The Marion on Nicol(Greater Johannesburg)
View Hotel
All reviewschef paulheated floorsunderfloor heatingkingklipexcellent stayprawnscomfortable bedshopping centrebusiness tripjohannesburgteamrondavelgardennorthwestbomaaccommodationretreat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Friendly staff and excellent facilities. Very comfortable for workshops and training events. All technology in good working condition. Professional environment. Staff very helpful and go out of their way to make your day comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
JeanetteF66, Owner at Idwala Boutique Hotel Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear Jolanda
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to review Idwala after the conference you held at our venue recently. We are so glad that you found our facilities to be up to date and in good order and that our staff helped to ensure the success of the day you spent at Idwala. We look forward to having you back again soon!
Best regards from Jeanette and the Idwala team

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Everything was amazing. The accommodation, the service, the staff, the food....wonderful. All the staff were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. The food prepared by Chef Paul is absolutely delicious. My family will definitely be back. A real hidden gem in Johannesburg.

Stayed: June 2017
JeanetteF66, Owner at Idwala Boutique Hotel Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you so much Jessica, it was great having you and your family at Idwala - such a pleasure to have appreciative guests like yourselves! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the meals so much and look forward to your return when you are next in Johannesburg.
Best regards from the Idwala Team!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

If you are looking for an intimate bush-style retreat in Johannesburg, then look no further. I spent a night at Idwala Boutique Hotel with my family and left feeling thoroughly relaxed. It is easily accessible, near Cresta Shopping Centre, and consists of charming, comfortable rondawels set in beautiful gardens. The rooms have underfloor heating and heated towel rails. The breakfast and dinner were delicious and the service was attentive.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
JeanetteF66, Owner at Idwala Boutique Hotel Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thank you Sara for taking the time and trouble to review Idwala - we really appreciate this and are so pleased that you enjoyed your short stay at our hotel.
Best wishes from the Idwala Team!

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Greeted by warm, friendly staff. Beautiful room and bathroom. Excellent fine dining. I had a delicious kingklip and hubby had a pork belly. Ended the evening with hot drinks in front of lovely boma. Well manicured gardens and a perfect getaway from the hustle of the city. A must visit. Such a gem. I don't believe my 7 year old would have appreciated the tranquility though.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa C
JeanetteF66, Owner at Idwala Boutique Hotel Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

So glad to hear that you enjoyed this special getaway and thank you for your appreciation of our fine dining kitchen!! We hope to see you back at Idwala for your next anniversary - if not sooner!
Best regards from Jeanette and the Idwala team

Reviewed 13 April 2017

I completely lucked out as I booked so quickly during an intensely busy work period.
Jeanette, the owner, arranged for a pickup at the airport by Khaliso for my flight from NYC, who I used for getting around the next two days. Jeanette greeted me upon arrival and the next two days I totally relaxed. The rooms were immaculate and so charming! The staff, particularly Maria, were warm and accommodating. My first evening meal was Kingklip; a new fish to me and was prepared so perfectly, I determined to eat again the next night. The chef, Paul, prepared prawns that were absolutely spectacular. Though I doubt I will be in Johannesburg any time soon again, I would relish the opportunity to stay at Idwala.

Room Tip: The kraal type construction cottage is what I had and it was beautiful!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
JeanetteFriese, Owner at Idwala Boutique Hotel Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to review Idwala - we are delighted that you enjoyed our meals so much and that you found our staff to be so pleasant and helpful - this is what we aim for at Idwala, and it is really rewarding to receive such appreciation from our guests! We do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in South Africa and look forward to a future visit! With best regards from all at Idwala.