Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$51
TravelocityUS$51
CheapTicketsUS$51
TripadvisorUS$51
FindHotel
ZenHotels.comUS$58
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 December 2019

There didn’t seem to be a lot else on offer near where i needed to be, but one night here was enough to convince me I would rather put up with a drive in traffic to stay somewhere else more comfortable.

The hotel generally is in need of some investment, carpets are stained, corridors are smoky, air con doesn’t work well, bathrooms are dark and squeezed in as an after thought. The rooms are basic and bear, beds adequate and pillows are not that clean. The first room I was in stank of cigarettes even though it claimed to be non smoking so I changed and discovered the same problem in the next room because the corridor is a smoking area. The towels were little more than a hand towel and the shower flooded the bathroom!

There is a basic breakfast buffet but what is on offer is not very interesting or fresh. One plate of plastic ham had to be taken away because it was covered in ants which no one else had noticed. There is no other restuarant and the only food on offer in the evening is via an order-in fast food terminal..,cokes, ribs, fries and burgers etc.

The place feels like a student hostel or very budget. Either way neither comfortable or ideal. I guess their client base is student or budget business travellers but I wouldn’t want to have to stay there again.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 10 December 2019

Arrived late on Friday evening, checked in and noticed the carpet in the passage was in a shocking state, goodness knows when last it had seen a vacuum cleaner! The room looked acceptable until I turned down the bed and immediately it was evident that the sheets had been slept on, they were grubby and smelt, there were bits of hair in the bed. Clearly someone had just pulled up the sheets and made the bed but it was awful. The result was that I just lay on top of the bed and slept, there was no way I was going to sleep between those sheets. Clearly, gone are the days of crispy white linen! They used to be white!

Room tip: Avoid at all costs!
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
CLHGMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Randburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2019

Thank you for staying at Road Lodge Randburg and for taking the time to review your experience. We are so sorry and greatly saddened that you did not enjoy your stay. Our hotel general manager has investigated the issues that you raise with the housekeeping department. We can confirm that the linen is changed, as it always in between guests, and regret that the sheets did not appear crisp and white. The large group that checked in during your stay had unfortunately tracked in dirt in the passageways, and this was cleaned up as soon as we were able. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and distress that these issues caused and that you did not experience the high standard of service excellence that we strive to offer all of our guests. We do hope you will stay with us again, that we may redeem our reputation in your eyes.

Reviewed 8 December 2019

We had one night here as a last resort after a booking mess-up elsewhere. Good value but very basic rooms. No lift :( In spite of what it say above we were allocated a SMOKING ROOM :( Apparently all non-smoking were taken. Front desk lady indifferent, bordering on rude :( We won't be coming back

Date of stay: November 2019
CLHGMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Randburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2019

Thank you for choosing Road Lodge Randburg and for taking the time to review your stay. We are so sorry that you experienced difficulties during your stay. Road Lodge is a budget, one-star brand (hence the excellent value for money) and a lift is not part of the offering. All room requests are treated as special requests and we do try to assist with these as far as possible; however, depending on occupancy this is not always possible. Our hotel general manager will address reception staff as per your concerns. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. We have several brands of hotel to choose from, including the two-star Town Lodge, three-star City Lodge Hotel and four-star Courtyard Hotel. We hope you will choose to stay with us again and find a brand that best suits your needs.

Reviewed 31 July 2019

The window clip to my room did not close.My Shower handle on the Door is broken and some sort of repair was attempted.The meat and eggs were both cold at breakfast and the Coffee machine did not work?First time that I have booked into a hotel and I sleep in hotels all the time that I had to pay my bill as I booked in????

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2019 via mobile

My daughter & I booked 2 nights in a twin room on the 1st floor. As there is no lift, its best asking for help with baggage if you have heavy suitcases.

The staff were approachable, friendly & helpful. I was impressed with the way the Manager dealt with my query & complaint about the wifi.

The bedroom offered basic but adequate comforts - small flat-screen TV, a kettle, mugs, tea & coffee, a compact shower & toilet. Important& useful information is available in tge Guest Services Directory in the bedroom.

We were happy using the ice machine on the ground level next to the vending machine on the ground floor.

The available buffet breakfast is available at a surcharge until 0900 during the week. A pity this wasn't available til 10.00 on weekdays & 10.30 over weekends.

The selection of speciality Food Outlets & restaurants at the nearby Appletons Centre were easily accessible by Uber Taxi Service.

The lodge is also conveniently located for the Gautrain Coach to the Gautrain Station in Sandton.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Randburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2019

Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that everything met your needs and expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.