Lowest prices for your stay
US$61
Free cancellation until 21/03/08
Hotels.comUS$48
Expedia.comUS$48
ZenHotels.comUS$61
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 December 2019

We had one night here as a last resort after a booking mess-up elsewhere. Good value but very basic rooms. No lift :( In spite of what it say above we were allocated a SMOKING ROOM :( Apparently all non-smoking were taken. Front desk lady indifferent, bordering on rude :( We won't be coming back

Date of stay: November 2019
CLHGMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Randburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2019

Thank you for choosing Road Lodge Randburg and for taking the time to review your stay. We are so sorry that you experienced difficulties during your stay. Road Lodge is a budget, one-star brand (hence the excellent value for money) and a lift is not part of the offering. All room requests are treated as special requests and we do try to assist with these as far as possible; however, depending on occupancy this is not always possible. Our hotel general manager will address reception staff as per your concerns. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. We have several brands of hotel to choose from, including the two-star Town Lodge, three-star City Lodge Hotel and four-star Courtyard Hotel. We hope you will choose to stay with us again and find a brand that best suits your needs.

Reviewed 31 July 2019

The window clip to my room did not close.My Shower handle on the Door is broken and some sort of repair was attempted.The meat and eggs were both cold at breakfast and the Coffee machine did not work?First time that I have booked into a hotel and I sleep in hotels all the time that I had to pay my bill as I booked in????

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2019 via mobile

My daughter & I booked 2 nights in a twin room on the 1st floor. As there is no lift, its best asking for help with baggage if you have heavy suitcases.

The staff were approachable, friendly & helpful. I was impressed with the way the Manager dealt with my query & complaint about the wifi.

The bedroom offered basic but adequate comforts - small flat-screen TV, a kettle, mugs, tea & coffee, a compact shower & toilet. Important& useful information is available in tge Guest Services Directory in the bedroom.

We were happy using the ice machine on the ground level next to the vending machine on the ground floor.

The available buffet breakfast is available at a surcharge until 0900 during the week. A pity this wasn't available til 10.00 on weekdays & 10.30 over weekends.

The selection of speciality Food Outlets & restaurants at the nearby Appletons Centre were easily accessible by Uber Taxi Service.

The lodge is also conveniently located for the Gautrain Coach to the Gautrain Station in Sandton.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Randburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2019

Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that everything met your needs and expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2018 via mobile

The Road Lodge in Randburg is first class, excellent value for money and staffed by friendly, capable and enthusiastic staff. The hotel was spotless. The breakfast was fresh, tasty and and excellent value.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Randburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2018

Thank you for staying with us Peter. We are glad to hear that we met your expectations. It is always very rewarding to receive such a great feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

A perfectly need facility. Very tight security and a spacious car park too. The rooms are neat and I had a good night sleep. Staff was very helpful and made my one night stay comfortable. Arrived around midnight but managed to have a restful night. I got a room close to the reception and it was a bit noisy in the morning.

Room tip: Rooms away from the reception are quieter
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Randburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.