Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
eDreams
Hotels.comUS$73
Expedia.comUS$73
TravelocityUS$73
All reviews full english breakfast guest house comfortable rooms guesthouse hosting
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2018

After spending two weeks with Peter and Elsa at the Jubilee Lodge, I highly recommend this property. You have the privacy of a clean, very comfortable room. The ability to enjoy the garden while reading in the sun or having a drink at a table with friends. Elsa and Michelle make incredible meals that allowed our group to relax, spend time together, and enjoy each others company without the hassle of going out and spending a lot of money. The property is really nice, but the difference is with how welcoming Peter and Elsa make you feel. This was a long trip, and our group really did not want to leave. I look forward to returning in the future.

Room tip: Guest room 4 has a bar if you are hosting a group of people.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Peter B, Owner at Jubilee Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hi Richard,

Thank you for taking time to compile this review. It was an enjoyable two weeks we had with the group. It was also pleasant to have chats with you around the fire early in the morning. I am sure that you and the group were successful with the projects that you came to South Africa for. Elsa and I would love to see you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Peter, Elsa and Michelle

Reviewed 8 April 2018

I stayed on three occasions over a two month period and stayed in two different rooms. First class all round. Would certainly stay there again if back in the area. Well situated in the Northcliff for my family living close by and walkable distance to local shops and restaurants. Excellent hosts. Rooms have their own small kitchen with microwave and fridge. Can accommodate families in adjoining rooms seven and eight. I found an oasis in the middle of what could have been a stressful trip with first class hosts and really comfortable accommodation.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter B, Owner at Jubilee Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you Maggi for the kind review. Both Elsa and I enjoyed the chats we had. Hope your daughter is doing well with the new baby. We hope to see you one day again.

Regards,

Peter and Elsa

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Although they are normally closed this time of year, they let me stay as a guest and made sure I had a wonderful time during my stay with them. Elsa and Peter are very friendly and helpful and took good care of my special food requirements. I will definetely go there again the next time I visit Johannesburg.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank leopink18
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Jubilee Lodge for 2 nights while visiting family.
The room was clean, everything we needed was at hand, breakfast was scrumptious and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Next time we will take our costumes to cool down from the Joburg heat.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We were very surprised at the great venue and awesome service.We will definitely be returning on our next visit to Johannesburg.Nice and clean ,secure and friendly hosts.
Thank you Peter and staff for a great stay away from home.

Date of stay: November 2017