See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I recently had the displeasure of staying at 12 on Hillel. Although well equipped, the bed was creaky and the wooden floors are not suitable for this kind of environment.
When we left for dinner the owner stormed out behind us and asked us to return the gates remote, we then told him we will be back and he asked us if we're sure, damn straight we'd be staying the night, especially since we paid for it.
If you're looking for a decent accommodation with good hospitality this is definitely not the place. I'd highly recommend Orangerie guest house 3 doors down.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brian_OZa
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Having stayed in various B&B's, Hotels and even Air BnB in JoBurg over the past 6 months, this has to be by far the best.

Location: Perfect, close to Cresta Mall which has plenty of dining options, shops and a cinema. Supermarkets within walking distance. Ideal central, safe location. Secure entry via gate and the views are stunning.

Service: The hosts are fantastic, from the moment I arrived they made me feel welcome. This is my second visit and I wanted to try a different room. The A/C wasn't working, they came to my door within 5 minutes, apologised and moved me room. No questions asked. Great family atmosphere. One bulb was blown in my room, it was changed the same day.

Price: I would have paid double for the service.

Rooms: I have seen two of the rooms which are beautifully decorated and plenty of space. I opted for the cottage which has its own kitchen, bathroom and lounge/bedroom. Beds are comfy, DSTV and WiFi in every room. Serviced everyday.

Breakfast: Don't expect a full English but it's adequate for the price. Food in SA is so cheap that I wasn't bothered so much.

Hosts: Both husband and wife are fantastic, friendly, polite and let you be unless you need them.

Overall: Cannot really fault the place, honestly I try to be subjective in my reviews and I was looking for something but I cannot find anything here. Please do not use the early reviews as a reference as I believe it has been bought over since then.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ShahidAli7
Reviewed 15 August 2015

My guests stayed at this accommodation whilst in the north of Johannesburg and were very happy with the place. The staff are friendly and this is a very trendy modern facility with great breakfasts and well equipped rooms. Any problems they had were quickly sorted out with no fuss. The views over Johannesburg are great. The accommodation is ideally sited close to the business district of Johannesburg as well as the Cresta Mall by car. We will use this accommodation again.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have better Wifi reception.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank YV28072015
Reviewed 18 June 2015

What a absolutely pleasant experience. I stay in guests houses and hotels in excess of 20 times per year and am surprised by the reviews below, is we had a room with mirrors, bed side tables, clothing steamer, dustbin, additional blankets, TV, heater and such friendly hosts. In addition to staying there, we had dinner guests and the hosts very graciously received them. Everything about this trip was pleasant and positive. From booking in, accommodation, meals and the general ambience. I am surprised by the negative comments...who are you? the queen of England who eats Salmon for breakfast?? The furniture is antique, so the bed will creek. If you say the rates are higher than other establishments, you are probably referring to a Formula 1 Hotel. I think it is a taste full, very reasonable fabulous establishment and I intend to tell that to anybody who asks. I have already referred them to a family member as well as a business associate.

Room Tip: Beautiful amenities, gardens, comfortable stay. Safe parking.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank KarenVisser01
Reviewed 11 March 2015

This is the worst B&B I've stayed in! It advertises itself as being 4 star but there are absolute basics missing... No dustbin in the bathroom, no mirrors in the room, only a small grooming mirror in the bathroom. No hairdryer, no air con. Only two small windows in the room and it was hot and stuffy. No bedside tables and only a small old box TV, SABC channels only. The door leading onto the balcony was locked and no key was made available to open it.

The website boasts free wifi but no password was provided.

The service was very poor. No hot breakfast just cold meats and cereal.

There are far better B&B's in the same area at far better rates!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo