Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Priceline
US$93
View deal
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews rosebank mall home away from home guest house guesthouse amenities
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2014

My wife and family traveled to Johannesburg for a family wedding and we have stayed at the guesthouse for almost 3 weeks. The facility, staff and atmosphere was exceptional and we would highly recommend The Ashford to anyone seeking a comfortable, quiet, home away from home experience. Notwithstanding the fact that the rooms were extremely comfortable, the setting peaceful - an overall 5 star experience. The location is within walking distance of the Rosebank Mall and very centrally located. We cannot speak highly enough and will recommend The Ashford Guesthouse to anyone traveling to Johannesburg.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank denniskleinman
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had the great opportunity to stay at The Ashford for a weekend while visiting family in Johannesburg. The Ashford is a small and intimate guest house. Upon arriving you are immediately made to feel like you have arrived at a family's member's farmhouse. The design is wonderful. The bedrooms are clean and well decorated with a warm feel. There is an honesty bar if you would like a drink before venturing out to a number of local restaurants in and around Rosebank. The breakfast is prepared daily by the ladies that run the place.
This is very popular with business people and I will also definitely use it when I travel to Johannesburg again.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SanC65
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I would like to keep this little corner of tree-lined Parkwood a secret but The Ashford really does deserve a trumpet-blow! The whole place has the air of a small grand hotel in the country and lives up to that promise! Our rooms were spacious and comfortable - loved the under-floor heating in the bathroom - and the bedroom doors opening onto the long garden verandah. Breakfasts prepared by the lovely Ashford ladies were unhurried and quite delicious! Megan, the charming owner, is so accommodating - even to the extent of juggling beds to fit our family in to available spaces.

On one evening I was visited by family members, staying in nearby B&B's (The Ashford was full ... no surprise) and we decided to enjoy a glass of wine in the elegantly-comfortable honesty-bar lounge. Megan even conjured up a wonderful cheese platter - which made our few hours together very special.

It's convenient (Rosebank, great restaurants and the Gautrain all nearby) and very safe (guard hut and patrols in the road).

Room tip: My room had a shower-in-the-bath arrangement which I didn't really mind - so ask for a free-standing shower if this worries you!
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stay at The Ashford pretty regularly and each and every time is excellent. The ladies who great you are a wonderful, the rooms are very comfortable and well appointed.
Breakfast is great, well stocked honesty bar and very conveniently located for those needing to be near to Rosebank.
It will remain my first choice home from home on all my trips to Jhb.

Room tip: My favourite are the rooms out side, number 4 has nice little table on the verandah.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tim P
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The whole experience is world class. I personally liked the home away from home feeling and personal touch i received. The staff can't do enough to help. The Ashford is quiet, clean and the breakfast is perfect. It is also very secure.

Date of stay: January 2014