“No regrets”
Review of Fusionista

Fusionista
Ranked #11 of 177 Restaurants in Randburg
Price range: US$39 - US$185
Description: If you are looking for something very different but still very special Fusionista is for you! Our menu is a combination of Eastern Cuisine from various countries including Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Japan, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and the Philippines. Savour the flavours of the East served with a slight fusion twist whilst you chill out in an exotic ambiance. Perfectly blended flavours and natural ingredients combine subtly, creating dishes with unique taste sensations that linger on the palette. From delectable sushi to mouth-watering Asian steaks to our Vegetarian menu to our amazing array of starters, soups and salads we truly spoil you for choice. Try our 9-course Taste Bud Tour of the East for an unforgettable culinary experience. Round off your meal with one of our decadent desserts including unique offerings such as our 12 flavoured soccer ball sorbet: - And cap it all off with one of our awesome cocktails including the one of a kind Fusionista Flaming Ferrari.
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Having searched for great sushi places in Jo'burg, I think I'm pretty hard to please. But finally I found my match.

I dined here on July 27th as a birthday celebration and I was thoroughly impressed with my choice. From the friendly smile I got from the parking guy to the ambience walking into the restaurant I must say, I was looking forward to a fantastic night.

We were greeted timeously by Ayanda within a few seconds of our arrival. He then led us into the dining room where we could choose to sit in the big dining room or in the private dining room which offered a more intimate dining experience. Of course since I was with my boyfriend we went for the latter option. We were presented with clean menus, each one introduced, to tell us what we would find in it. We ordered warm sake, I'm not a fan but I took one for the team. And having had worked at a Japanese restaurant before, it was great. I loved that they had a device where you could call for the waiter, we didn't need it because Bruce, Ayanda(Bruce's protégé), and I'm assuming the Supervisor, were so attentive.

We ordered Vietnamese spring rolls to start with, those came with a delicious peanut butter sauce and a sweet chilli sauce. We then ordered The tuna dragon roll, eel roll, and salmon maki.

NO REGRETS.

Everything was beautifully presented, and tasted great.

We finished the night off with Ayanda's recommendation of the chocolate cigar. Pretty amazing as well.

By the end of the meal we were pretty stuffed and well pleased with our choice to go there from Soweto.

Service was amazing, food was amazing, the experience was amazing.

NO REGRETS

1  Thank Nompumelelo D
Amalia1234, Owner at Fusionista, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thanks a million Nompumelelo for that amazing review. You are clearly someone who knows her sushi and if we can please someone who is, as you say, hard to please then we must be getting it right. As you saw we have an extensive menu so there are many delicious dishes you still have to try out!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Fusionista has an authentic feel to it, with an amazing interior space that will make you feel at ease the entire time from the time we entered, we were welcomed and treated with a foot cleanse and then taken to our room. Our therapist was outstanding. My partner and I enjoyed the 60min treatment. Then had a Delicious traditional thai style food. My overall experience has been relaxing. I will definitely be coming back for another treatment soon.

Amalia1234, Owner at Fusionista, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you Nicole. A delicious meal and a relaxing massage always makes a great combination. Looking forward to spoiling you again soon :-)

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We have lived close by to this area (Fountainbleau) for many years and it has always been, for us, just ordinary. But with this gem of a restaurant, it could put this suburb on the map. The Asian food they serve is absolutely divine! I had Thai chicken curry and my partner sweet and sour kingklip. They prepare the food fresh so there is a wait but it is worth it. Also those who know my reviews I have an allergy to MSGs, which often precludes me from eating at Asian restaurants in the West. I phoned first to inquire and was told that there are some dishes that contain MSGs but as they are prepare from scratch they can easily be left out. For me this is a dream come true - authentic Asian cooking and no MSGs twenty minutes from home. The decor is pure fusion and takes a bit of getting used to - with this purpley-blue lighting and quite a clash of colours in places - but it works - the ambience is wonderful - ideal for a romantic dinner! There is a spa adjacent to the restaurant, which we did not try out but looked in keeping with the whole fusion look. Our waiter was very slow bring the drinks and later the bill, but maybe he was having a bad evening - so we are not going to let this put us off going there again. We could become regulars with food this good!!

Amalia1234, Owner at Fusionista, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you very much Susan for that amazing and comprehensive review. It's great when people appreciate all the effort we put in to create something unique and special. We just had to change a manager at short notice and we also lost a senior waiter which has resulted in some service hiccups but these have been sorted out. We would love to host you again soon :-)

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

After the couples massage at fusionista spa we were looking forward to our Asian dinner and we weren't disappointed. Fusionista offers something a bit out of the ordinary from darth Vader cocktails to a super extensive menu to aquarium view tables to qwerky waiters. I had sushi for starters and red chicken curry for Mains and both were delicious. My wife had beef curry which she enjoyed. Our waiter was unintentionally very entertaining but very apologetic for it, maybe it was his 1st day but he did surprisingly get our order perfect. We will certainly be back

1  Thank Steve_zaJhb
Amalia1234, Owner at Fusionista, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Thanks Steve for that excellent review. Great to hear that you and your wife experienced the spa and the restaurant and enjoyed them both. We do have one new waiter who we are busy training as one of out senior waiters left us unexpectedly. Looking forward to spoiling both of you to another meal and massage!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Had a very nice Dinner with my wife. Was perfect and the vibe was fantastic. A little gem in the middle of Fontainebleau.

Amalia1234, Owner at Fusionista, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

And thank you very much for that gem of a review! Hope you come back soon for the great food and vibe :-)