Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Karabo M
Pretoria, South Africa

I felt valued

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Dec 2023
I spent my Christmas with my family at mount grace and the stay was fairly good ,although the hotel had a few operational issues the management team were proactive they provided water for sanitation and used their personal phones to reach out to us in case we needed anything we called them direct and they executed
I believe that the water issue and towers being faulty was not within their control hence they executed immediately.

I appreciated the gesture

Also upon check out we were offered 50%discount for the inconvenience caused which is the cherry on top
Trip type: Travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Nangomoso Tate, Owner at Mount Grace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review
Responded 31 Dec 2023
Good Day Paradise,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about our services. It is sincerely motivating & encouraging to receive a review like this one as we were really under pressure trying to provide exceptional experiences during a crisis period. I hope to see you again soon.

Go to your Happy Price
2.0 km from Mount Grace Hotel & Spa
    R 1 197
5.8 km from Mount Grace Hotel & Spa
View more hotels in Magaliesburg
All reviews heated pool rambling vine room service staff at reception facilities are great breakfast buffet restaurant staff spent two nights an amazing experience his team treated like royalty birthday weekend thank you so much excellent stay wonderful weekend long weekend home away from home
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2023

Only once we had been booked in were we told that the Tv and internet connection was not working and that there was a water shortage. We could not even flush the toilet for most of our stay and when we did manage to get some water to bath, it was brown. Could Management not have made a plan to supply all the rooms with some water, Only two small bottles were left by the basin to rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth. Furthermore , we had no tv reception and the power and internet kept cutting off. My daughter kept finding spiders in the room, the kids play area is a disaster and consists of a few books , puzzles and that about sums it up. The pool water is green and the whole place seems unkept and dilapidated. Breakfast as well as the buffet leave much to be desired . I had such high expectations when booking our stay but will leave the Mount Grace Hotel very disappointed and will definitely not be recommending it to anyone .

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Nangomoso Tate, Owner at Mount Grace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2023

Good Day Compass,

I sincerely apologize for not providing the service we are capable of during the crisis we had at the hotel.

Reviewed 25 December 2023

Hi

There has been correspondence on the water issue at 14:00 pm. We still don't have water. I had to call the reception to request water... Logic, put water to our doors or inside our rooms. This is a huge hotel, make a plan, this is South Africa and this is not the first time this has happened this has happened . There are a lot of things at risk here, 1 Hygiene. 2. We must take a bath. The fact that you don't respond to emails is ridiculous since you told us your lines are not working. I had to go doe to complain before I was given cell phone numbers, oh we are sorry.. . Please make this right. We pay a lot of money to beg for service. As a travel agent, I'm disappointed to the core. Communication is terrible to say the list. The floor was slippery and when I asked why is that I was told oh...we had an incident this morning, the oil spilled on the floor earlier on.. Like wow... Clean the floor.... It is slippery or take us to another restaurant.
2. I loaded money when I checked in only to be told that there was no money loaded when I swiped for my meals. I still had to go to reception to get this fixed... Wow

Grace
ReLe Travel SA
Room 129

Room tip: Communication is bad.. Lot of staff members but nothing gets done. Staff needs training.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Good Day Flyer,

Reviewed 10 December 2023 via mobile

Everything was wonderful, from the spa experience to the accommodation, the service, the food, and the attention to detail. Definitely high up on our list for another visit. Thank you to Mount Grace for making our 25th wedding anniversary such a special occasion.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nangomoso Tate, Owner at Mount Grace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2023

Good Day Jamie,

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback, I will share it with the team. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us & we cant wait to welcome you again.

Reviewed 26 November 2023 via mobile

We called to confirm a lunch date for our anniversary, they said there was a buffet and gluten free options. There was no buffet but only a bar type menu.
The service was very slow and the staff were poorly trained.
I came to this hotel many years ago and the food was excellent, what a disappointment.
To cap in all they brought me coffee with stale milk.

Room tip: Stay away
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nangomoso Tate, Owner at Mount Grace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2023

Good Day Mr. TC v,

Thank you for your positive criticism as it always helps us to improve our shortcomings. I sincerely apologize for the bad service you received at the hotel & I have shared your review with all the Head of Departments to ensure that this does not happy to any other guests in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2023 via mobile

We have been to Mount Grace Hotel a few times in the past. It has always been a wonderful experience and 5star.
Unfortunately the standards have dropped significantly though.
• I had requested water for our room but did not receive any.
• We had to ask the waitress to clean our table she showed us to, she then appeared to totally forget us and when our food was eventually plonked on the table she didn’t check if we had the sambals, or eating utensils.
• At the end of the meal we signalled for an hour to various staff asking for the bill. We finally had the invoice dropped on our table and we signed it while the staff disappeared again.
• Once tucked into our bed and with a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, we heard a very loud frantic knocking at 11pm .. only to be greeted by the same lady now wanting us to immediately pay via the credit card machine! That gave us a fright.
• To add to our bad night the Aircon which is directly above the bed started dripping and then pouring water all over our heads and pillows!!

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nangomoso Tate, Owner at Mount Grace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2023

Good Day Momma,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, as discussed on the day you checked out with me. These issues should not happen and I have addressed them with relevant departments.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you received from the hotel & we will ensure it does not happen again in your future stays with us.

Deputy General Manager