Lowest prices for your stay
R 4 000
Breakfast included
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Kate
Johannesburg, South Africa
Ideal romantic getaway
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 07 Oct 2023via mobile
From the moment we entered, we were greeted with smiles and staff that were attentive to our every need. The room was comfortable and had a small balcony with a side view of the river running nearby. It had a spacious bathroom and lovely bathtub. The highlight for me was most definitely the food......

A huge shout out to chef Wonder who went out of his way to ensure we had an amazing dining experience. That evening he prepared the most delicious fish with potatoes and it was plated so beautifully. The breakfast was absolutely delicious with eggs that were poached perfectly and the afternoon picnic he had prepared was unlike anything I have had it was just special....Wonder had put my mind at ease showing me that everything he had prepared for us was halaal and prepared with utmost care to prevent any contamination this is the reason I will definitely be visiting again and recommending De hoek to all my family and friends who are looking for the perfect getaway for a night or 2.

A birthday to remember!
  • ZenHotels.com
    R 2 783
3.3 km from De Hoek Country Hotel
Pool
You are welcome to bring your well socialised animal family along
  • Vio.com
14.2 km from De Hoek Country Hotel
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Magaliesburg
All reviews attention to detail rooms are beautiful fine dining beautiful place spa treatments venue setting anniversary
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2023 via mobile

This amazing hideaway was recommended by a friend who had recently visited as a birthday surprise for her husband.
I decided to try it for my birthday.
My partner and I were wowed by the amazing hospitality, the food quality and enthusiasm by all from front of office staff, the dining team and the chefs.
More importantly, they made a huge effort for my food allergies.
My partner and I felt that it was made more special by being there during the week - we felt like we owned the hotel, having fireside dinners just by ourselves. The gluten free birthday cake surprise was one of the best tasting cakes I’ve ever had.
Definitely going back!!

Room tip: Preferably use an SUV to drive there for the last bit of the road.
Date of stay: August 2023
Reviewed 18 June 2023 via mobile

The warm and friendly staff create a welcoming experience just when you arrive. Nothing s a problem. A special thanks to Vusi, Betty and Priscilla for their excellent service.
The quality of food is superb and the variation in cuisine is something special.
It is pleasing to note that the place is spotlessly clean.
It will be great to check that all appliances are in working order in the rooms and that the cupboards are also checked.
This is a beautiful place and certainly worth a second visit

Date of stay: June 2023
2  Thank fwfbiz
Reviewed 7 June 2023

De Hoek is a 5 star hotel in all respects. From the moment you arrive until you leave you are welcomed and treated like a very special guest. The room is exceptionally well appointed with a lovely view from the balcony. The bathroom design and attention to detail is exquisite. The staff is friendly, efficient and always available to attend to your every need, including management. The food is fabulous down to the surprise birthday cake!! Bravo to Wonder the Chef!! The back massage and Indian Head Massage at the Spa was top notch. The hotel, grounds and gardens are beautiful. A wonderful experience overall.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2023 via mobile

What a lovely experience. We got engaged that morning and decided to book at this lodge.
The rooms are beautiful, the staff is exceptional and the food is amazing.
You feel so close to nature, an absolute favourite destination, would definitely go back in the future

Room tip: This is a must visit
Date of stay: March 2023
Reviewed 28 October 2022 via mobile

I have stayed at De Hoek on a few occasions. My wife and I were so looking forward to returning but unfortunately the hotel is not of the high standards that we have previously experienced and in my opinion has not maintained its high levels of service or quality of food. We booked the hotel in mid September and paid when booking. When booking we also requested to book SPA treatments.
After no response after a week I sent a further request, to which I still received no response - so resorted to phoning the hotel from the UK to arrange.
When we arrived at the hotel, there was no one to greet us and in fact we had to go and look for someone to register us. You would have thought that when you arrive at the gate and sign the security register that the security guard would announce you to the hotel so they are aware that you are on your way.
The SPA treatments were really good.
Dinner was very disappointing. Not the usual fine cuisine that I have experienced at De Hoek with some of the food and wine items not being available. The food was underwhelming to say the least.
There was a company conference taking place at De Hoek whilst we were staying there and they had taken over the main dining area, so we were placed in an adjacent smaller room for both dinner and breakfast. In arriving in the same room for breakfast whilst sitting there one of the conference guests was in the smaller dining room and proceeded whilst we were sitting there to dial in to a Teams Call and chair a teams meeting. We were both quite surprised that this was allowed and ended up having to move to the lounge area in order to continue with our breakfast.
After having really been looking forward to our stay, we left feeling quite disappointed and underwhelmed with the overall experience. It is not the De Hoek that we have experienced over a number of years.
Highly unlikely we will return, which is disappointing as we had our wedding reception at De Hoek, so it held many happy memories for us.

Date of stay: October 2022