“Great place for a late lunch ”
Review of Black Marlin

Black Marlin
Ranked #10 of 45 Restaurants in Simon's Town
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled unobtrusively on one of the most scenic coastlines in the Cape, en-route to Cape Point, this historical building, ensures an idyllic lunch or evening experience. Black Marlin has earned a reputation for its stunning seafood and attentive service not to mention the incredible views.
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

This was a suggested restaurant on our way back to Cape Town (Victoria & Alfred) from a trip to Cape Point.

The service was just fine. No on in Africa seems to hover over you, and that's ok.

The Black Marlin specialty is great. The platters and sirloin we're enjoyed by my wife and children.

I also had a dozen oysters and they were very good.

The views are awesome.

I highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Arrive for breakfast 10am Sunday. Beautiful weather, only 3 other tables occupied.
Wait, no one brings menu, so go find them myself. Wait, no one takes order,
so go inside, find guy behind bar, give him our order, just eggs for breakfast.
Wait 30 minutes, no food arrives. Eventually gets placed on our table but not
on our place mats. Am now fed-up with shocking service so ask guy to bring bill.
Finish food (can make better eggs at home myself and I am no cook), wait, no bill.
Go find guy, eventually get bill, pay, obviously no tip. Guy says nothing, gives me dirty look.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise, starting with the friendliest attentive staff we’ve encountered in a long time!

Our seafood was excellently prepared, tasty and a good portion at a decent price. The views are heavenly over False Bay.

One should avoid the tour-bus rush during hi-season lunch, but if you’re on one of those rest assured you’ll get good well prepared food!

My Miller’s Point platter was excellent!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 May 2018

I was tipped about this place: good food and very nice view over False Bay, but don't try this during normal lunch time. It turned out to be good advice: arriving around 14:45 the crowd was moving out and I had a nice "Millers Point" meal, nice glass of wine and very good service.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 25 April 2018

We had calimari and fish and chips. Food was excellent. Setting was great sitting outside and the staff very friendly and helpful.
Thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2018