“Nice vibe”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant had a very good location and vibe
The service was slow with some errors of the orders but lovely lovely people.

I didn't enjoy the food because I don't like grassy and salty food, the sea food was overcooked and the rice was half ready or just dry, I the salad was tiny.

Though in general the whole family had a good time, mainly because the waiter was such a sweet lady

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We tried this restaurant based on online reviews, and also because our favorite Simons Town restaurant was closed. We had visitors, and planned to give them a nice coastal experience. It's not what we got!

The ambience was not attractive at all, the prices were higher than elsewhere in town, and the food was mediocre at best. It was like a Cape Town verson of a "greasy spoon".I was actually embarrassed to have brought my out-of-town friends there.

There are so many better places to eat in this town - don't go to this one.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

The food was acceptable, but I would not go here again. I think we had been spoilt with the quality of other restaurants and this did not live up to those high standards. Try and find somewhere else to eat if you are in the area.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Our tour guide for the day brought us here for lunch and we sat at a table on the verandah outside which faces the harbour, hence the name 'Harbour View". We decided to have fish since he said it's the local specialty. My friend had grilled kingklip which is supposed to be the tastiest local fish (and also the most expensive) while I had hake and calamari with chips a.k.a. as fisherman's catch. I really liked the meal and finished the fish which tastes really good and fresh than most fish & chips I've eaten back home. It's a restaurant in a harbour town after all. However, it's true we might have paid a little premium for the view of the harbour and we could have chosen some other place if we had the option to walk around a bit beforehand like we did in another town.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Great environment. Kingklip comes highly recommended. Staff are so friendly and the prices are so affordable