“Fun in the sun.”

and up
Kayak Trip to the Boulders Penguins from Simon's Town
Ranked #4 of 22 Tours in Simon's Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Paddle the warm waters of False Bay and we'll show you some rather amazing things on our kayak trip to visit the penguins at Boulders Beach. No experience is necessary and it's no more taxing than hiking up a hill. Professionally guided Sea Kayak Paddles every day at 9.30Am throughout the year, weather permitting. Our kayaks are designed for maximum stability in all conditions. Age is no barrier - anyone with full mobility from 10 upwards can do it. All trips are led by knowledgable and experienced professional guides.
“Fun in the sun.”
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of going out for this activity yesterday. Awesome weather and really enjoyed all the salty water. The tour guides were absolutely awesome, friendly and informed about the surroundings, as they should've been. We had fun and if it wasn't for my whimsy arms we would go again. Lol good atmosphere of a group of guys doing what they love. 5 stars to the whole experience.

Visited February 2017
KayakCapeTown, Owner at Kayak Cape Town, responded to this review, 25 February 2017
Thanks Nevironn, and hey, it's gets easier every time!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun kayak tour”
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

The tour was a lot of fun and good exercise. I'd never kayaked before but it's pretty easy to pick up and isn't a big strain - there's no race. We had some swells but not choppy and we got to stop at the penguin beach for some photos which they make available on their Facebook page. Also got to really close to seals in the water.

Bring sun cream, even if the wind of the water does make out feel cool.

Johannesburg, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sea Kayak trips”
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

When trying to make a booking had the unfortunate experience of dealing with the rudest unpleasant man. Not sure you should be in the business of dealing with the public. Just trying to get information and he was abrupt and hung up. Thanks for that! If you are the owner shame on you, if you just work there you should be fired!

2 Thank clairewray1979
KayakCapeTown, Owner at Kayak Cape Town, responded to this review, 22 February 2017
Hi Clare.
Yes I was rude to you.
What you conveniently neglected to mention here was that in your call to us you were were rude to me, and my rudeness was in response to yours.
Cape Town, South Africa
“Kayak Cape Town - Boulders trip”
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Wow, what an awesome trip! Great guides, great view and a wonderful way to see Simonstown and Boulders beach and the penguins. A must for all visitors and locals in Cape Town!

Visited January 2017
Pretoria, South Africa
“Great kayaking experience even for a 75 years old woman! Do it!”
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I kayaked with my daughter and her husband and their 3 university aged children, my grandchildren, from the wharf area to the area where the penguins hang out. We had small white caps and waves but we were all able to make the paddle successfully - even this 75 year old great grandmother. The penguins were molting so they were not in the water with us. Hopefully the next time we do this paddle, thnckey won't be molting. They guides were very knowledgeable and safety conscious. My advice is - DO IT!!! Clarice Hebi

Visited December 2016