“Excellent base for exploring The Broads”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Paulyrow
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Excellent base for exploring The Broads”
Reviewed 30 November 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The house is close enough to Wroxham to be able to walk to the shops and restaurants but far enough away to be quiet. You can use the property as a base to explore as we did, or if you are here for fishing you can do so off the rear deck of the property. There is mooring too so using your own boat is also easy. If you do explore try the Radar Museum at Neatishead, not on my bucket list but a fascinating day that proved well worthwhile.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
7 Dec 2017
Hi Paul, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you had a lovely time! Like you said, Bure Banks is in the perfect situation for peace and quiet, and for amenites. It's a lovely spot, even the otters agree! :-)
samantha2...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“DO NOT USE”
Reviewed 7 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We recently visited This property on the 26/8/17 me my husband and are 3 young children age 5 , 3 and 14weeks when we arrieved after a 4 hour car journey the house was still dirty we walked in to find a cobweb with 5 dead spiders in it mouldy ice cream in the freezer and black hair in the bottom off the shower! Followed by a lock off the en-suite door that was later on the floor ( a blot side and a long scene pole ) which any off my children could off put in their mouth ) I went to sweep up the cobwebs and mess but there was no dustpan and brush so I just hoovered up. There was only one toilet roll for all 3 toilets and there was no washing up liquid dishwasher tablet or tea towels! We are not onse for complaining so we just tidied up the mess and bought the essentials that we needed ( after paying £1200 for 1 week ) and got on with enjoying our holiday. They also took a deposit off £100 on top on the £1200 for any damages ( if there was any after we left ) which is fair enough. BUT 4 days after we left I rang the office to see how long it would take for the deposit to come back , she took my name and were we stopped and said it would be back within 7-10 working days and she sent me a receipt through email. Then today 5 days after we left the property I get a very rude phone call off the owner saying my children had scratched a coupbard door in the kitchen and we wasn't getting our deposit back, when I asked why it has taken 5 days to tell us this information and why the office girls didn't have it on file he got very rude and said that it was his word against mine! When I said my children could not reach the cupboard that had been marked he asked if they was midgets ( very sarcasticly ). I will never book with these people again we have been coming to wroxham for 6 years and not onse had a problem before! I highly suggest u do no book with these and stop with BARNS BRINCRAFT ( we only changed this year as they was fully booked, which shows a good company )!!

Management Response
11 Sep 2017
Samantha

In response to your above review I feel we have to respond to what I believe are fabrications of the truth based solely on the fact we needed to retain part of your security deposit. Before I go further I would like to point out that retaining peoples security deposits is not something we take lightly. We have been running Riverside Rentals for just over 10 years and in that time have had over 13000 bookings, we have reatained all or part of the security deposit on 22 occasions, that equates to 0.0016% of holidays. Since you have written this review I have also informed you that having spoken to the kitchen suppliers they are prepared to provide a new door for free as we have bought several new kitchens from the recently. As a result you are now part of the 99.99% of people who get the security deposit back. You suggested I called your children midgets, this is far from the truth. You said your children couldn't reach the top of the cupboard door in order to scratch it, I asked if your 5 year old couldnt see over the top of a 3 foot counter, you said no and that she couldnt reach up that high either. I said "so you are telling me your 5 year old is under 18 inches tall". The first mention of midgets was when your husband phoned to say he thought it was unacceptable that I'd called your child a midget, he could only have got this information from you.

In defense of your other remarks, I saw you on the Thursday of your visit when I asked to borrow your brush and dustpan, at that point you reprted there wasnt one and that the lock was off the door in the en suite. I asked if you wanted me to sort out the lock and was told not to bother. I apolgised and you were fine. At no point did you report the cleanliness issues or the lack of items in the house. These points were only raised once I informed you we needed to retain the security deposit. I said we would only keep the price of a new door but you said we dont care about the money keep it all and that we were trying to scam you.

You wrote a scathing review on my website which was far from the truth and contained libelous accusations against us. I told you I wouldnt publish it on my website but suggested you put it on Trip Advisor as you would be able to write what you liked, which you clearly have.

In every house we supply 2 tea towels, a welcome pack with a dish cloth, 2 bin bags and a washing up sponge and we put one toilet roll in each toilet. I am sorry this didnt meet you expections. The fridges and freezers are inspected weekly and I personally looked in the Freezer at Burebanks previous to your arrival. When we first spoke on the telephone you told me it was out of date Ice Cream, I pointed out Ice Cream has a shelf life of almost 2 year and the house was completly refurbed with a new kitchen 6 months ago, which is why we wanted a replacement door. I notice now the Ice Cream isnt out of date but mouldy.

We let 56 properties on the broads, all of which are on trip advisor and all have very favourable reviews.

Kind Regards

RIverside Rentals
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing