Wildflower Bed and Breakfast-On the Square
Good 3.5/5
Dogwood Motel(Mountain View)
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewswrap around porchb bdogwood suitecookiesother guestsfriendly hostsmeeting placelocal musiciansfront porchozark folk centerbasshomey feelinglovely towntuesday nightbuilding next doorrelaxing weekendmusical talent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Picked this B&B as a weekend trip for our Parents in Mnt View during a music festival. They are over 80 and it was their first visit to a bed and breakfast and they had a wonderful time. Accommodations were clean and they loved the room they were in and the breakfast must have been good because they both could not stop talking about it. Thank you for giving them a nice experience.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

First time for my wife and I staying in a B&B. We knew going in that it was off season. Nevertheless we had a great time. The owners could not have been nicer. Our room was perfect. Breakfast was delicious. Stories told at breakfast were enjoyable to listen to. We will definitely be back. Thanks for a wonderful time.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2017

I planned a little girls' weekend here to celebrate my daughter's 20th birthday. Both of her grandmothers, my sister, my daughter and myself stayed in the Dogwood Suite which accommodated all 5 of us very comfortably (the sheets are dreamy). The rooms were charming and beautiful. All of the special added touches made it even more special, (the pretty soaps, crisp striped curtains, soft robes, pretty décor, etc.) The innkeepers, Chris and Shelley even catered to my special request to have birthday gifts placed beforehand in the room AND ordered, picked up a birthday cake for my daughter, and helped me with surprising her with a little party. I didn't have to worry about a thing. They also suggested that we attend "Caroling in the Caverns", which was indescribable and Chris even arranged for a 'Happy Birthday' greeting to be announced in honor on my daughter's 20th while we were surrounded by the stunning grandeur of the caverns and among the other happy people enjoying the sights. From the BEAUTIFUL accommodations to the SCRUMPTIOUS breakfast and everything in between you will be nothing but enchanted by this B&B if you choose to visit Mountain View (which you should!). Also, they have games, snacks, drinks, fruit, movies and books available anytime you want. Or you can just sit on their beautiful porch if you choose. Plenty of cute shops too.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Christopher S, Owner at Wildflower Bed and Breakfast-On the Square, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

One thing we love about Mountain View is the wonderful relationships we have with the fantastic musicians and crafts people here in town. It's nice when we can make a guests stay extra special.
Thank you so much for staying with us. It was a special weekend for us as well. We hope to see you all again in the new year. :)

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We stayed in the Foxglove room. There is a private bath, which is really appreciated. This is a small B and B with most of the rooms upstairs. The last morning we were there, there were 8 of us at the breakfast table and everyone sat and talked for nearly an hour. It was wonderful to meet and talk to people from other states. The breakfast Shelly provided is gourmet, definitely not a weight watchers diet. The food was amazing and plentiful. Shelly and Christopher are wonderful hosts and do everything possible to accommodate you. Shelly saved us breakfast the first morning because we had traveled late and wanted to sleep in, Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Every room we looked at was wonderful. The service was impeccable, the sheets were luxurious and the room comforting.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Even though it is a slower time of year, we still get to enjoy the company of such wonderful guests like yourselves. Thank you for staying with us.
As you stated, the private bathroom is appreciated by our guests. Every room in the Wildflower has their own private bathroom within the room. No walking across the hall or sharing bathrooms.
We're glad you enjoyed breakfast as well. We both hope to see you again in the coming year.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Changed our travel dates just so we would be able to stay in the Wildflower B&B based on TA reviews and so happy we did! We were in the Elderberry Suite which has a kitchenette, sitting room, en-suite bathroom, Queen bed and loft upstairs under the slanted roof. I mention this only because I must have bumped my head up there every time I moved towards the bed! Slow learner :).
The beds were comfy, the space big enough for 3 adults and I appreciated the Keurig coffee maker with coffee available in the room.
The beautiful cookies set out in the afternoon, homemade by Shelly, were tasty and quite nice with that aforementioned coffee we had in our sitting area after a day of driving. Nice!
The bathroom was small but clean with plenty of fresh towels. The small, nicely scented artisan soaps were a real plus! Again, nice touch! We were not bothered by temperature as we were there in October where we didn't feel the need for heat or ac so can not speak to that.
The reason we wanted to stay here was due to it's location on the square, good TA reports and that musicians occasionally play right on their porch. Unfortunately, we did not have musicians on our porch BUT right on the square and on another porch across were three different groups of musicians that were playing for about 4 hours on a Wednesday night! This was our primary reason for wanting to stay on the Square and it didn't disappoint! Someone places chairs all around and we could walk and listen to each group or have a sit and listen a little longer. We did it all! It was wonderful and we just couldn't believe our good luck. We stayed until the musicians finally began slowly packing up and that is when we slowly strolled back to the Wildflower.
The next morning we were heading out but waited a little bit until breakfast was served. It is served "family style" at a set time (can't remember the time~not early tho) with all the guests seated at a large table which was really nice as we had the opportunity to chat with a few different folk. The meal does begin with a blessing, led by Chris and then we all were served a "starter" of baked pear with I believe (sorry Shelly) a cream or yogurt sauce and crumble like topping. It was elegant and so yummy! After these were removed the casseroles were brought out to the sideboard. Sausage casserole and eggs and of course juice and coffee. There was plenty left over so you didn't have to worry about leaving hungry. It was all tasty and made fresh with well thought out pairings. Thank you Shelly! :)
We only stayed the one night but I can happily recommend the Wildflower B&B. All B&B's are different based on their location dictating the style and manner of how the place is run and I believe that Shelly and Chris have found their "sweet spot" in the Wildflower~no pretentions and a well thought out 'ode to Mountain View and it's music.

Room Tip: If disabled book the downstairs rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the wonderful review.
I'm sorry that we didn't happen to have musicians on our porch that particular weekend, but I'm glad you found some folks playing nearby.
We're glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We normally serve buffet for larger groups and individual service for small groups, but occasionally when we have a friendly group, we will serve breakfast family style.
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.