Futaleufu River Bio Bio Expeditions Camp
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Futaleufu
See available hotels
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubbio bioclass rapidsevery morningworld classwhite water raftinghorseback ridingtop notchno matterfirst classmulti sportnew friendschilliwine tastingsafety kayakersflushing toiletsclass iii
Reviewed 25 March 2017

With 3 other septuagenarians, tried just about everything, including a day lounging around camp, enjoying the quiet, the views, a wood stove, massage and good company. Had a fabulous group of interesting and mostly more experienced folk to share the whole fandango. Wonderful to have elders and kids in addition to the "campers." Guides were experts on the Fu, good trainers, attentive to safety and giving everyone a real sense of the beauties of the rivers. All the staff were attentive and eager to make the week a great time all round. Camp is well laid out, with plenty of amenities, plus the blessing of no light pollution from electric lights and no internet! The food was terrific - different cuisine every night based on the guides' roots. Even the rainy days made the rafting more exciting. What's not to love?!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Laurence A, Propietario at Futaleufu River Bio Bio Expeditions Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and insights Becky! It was a real pleasure and inspiration to have y'all blend into the seemingly endless fun and funny times! Cheers! buenas lineas! Lorenzo!

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Everything about this trip was first class. Absoluetly beautiful river and scenery with exhilarating rafting daily led by only the best river rafting guides! Other activities included kayaking, horseback riding, hiking and magnificent scenery everywhere. Camp is located right on the Futaleufu river, meals were unbelievable with themes from different countries each night, great bar area on the river, hot tubs. You can find as much peace or as much fun and excitement as you may want. Everyone who works with Bio Bio makes you feel like part of the family, and on our trip, all of the guests were wonderful also. Really a first class operation run by very special people!

Room Tip: This is not a hotel, it is an all inclusive experience!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Laurence A, Owner at Futaleufu River Bio Bio Expeditions Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Linda and family!
thanks so much for your review and encouragement to future Futaleufu paddlers and adventurers! Your note reminds me it takes one to know one...
Y'all were so much fun to see smiling from ear to ear and the laughter still echos happily in the river canyon in front of camp!! Hasta pronto!!
Saludos, Lorenzo + Terry and the Fu crew!!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Bio-Bio provides a Futaleufu experience that is second to none. Great (and extremely competent) guides, unbelievable food, fantastic lodging and well executed logistics. Every detail is taken care of and fun is to be had from the first welcome pisco to the final evening dance party. Hot tub! Local brews! Argentinian grilled meat night! Well trained horses on a gorgeous trail! Salsa dancing! Ducky day! Wine tasting! Asado night! Live music by incredibly talented guides! Personally delivered lattes every morning! Professional video and photos so you can leave the camera/phone at home! Yoga overlooking the river! The best night's sleep ever with high end sheets and river sounds lulling you to dreamland! I also appreciated how Bio-Bio's love of the Chilean country and that made for a cultural experience as well as a adventure trip. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2017

Hi Mary!
As I sit here looking back at our Fu season and read your review I am delighted that you so warmly write about your experience with us at Bio Bio! And of course that it made such a favorable impact! We look forward to sharing an amazing experience with you again with your Bio Bio family! all the best! Lorenzo!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

At my massage on day 5 of this trip, the massage therapist massaged my face and I realized my cheeks were sore from smiling so much. I can't say enough good things about this trip. It was magical from the start. The views were incredible, the food amazing, the rooms comfortable. They make their own ginger beer (among other things) and they will bring it to you in the hottub. Wake up to latte at your cabin and make your way to the amazing yoga deck for some excellent yoga classes. Go on one of the best trail rides. Learn to kayak by playing water polo. The staff there is like family (the fun, supportive sometimes little crazy kind) and I fell a little in love with Canela, the resident dog
Of course, the main reason to visit is the river and it did not disappoint there either. So many fun rapids and run so well I didn't even stress the class 5's. I've done rafting in many countries in the world and this was the best company I've ever rafted with. I am usually more of a budget traveler and the Canadian dollar is weak so I was hesitant at first to book but with all that this trip offers it was worth every penny. Book it, you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Away from the bar if you like to go to bed early
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank chrissysunshine

Hi Christine!
Thank so much for your heartfelt review and indeed encouraging others to join us! I hope you are the pebble in the pond that will get more Canandians coming our way! I think we should consider a reunion trip in 2018 on the Zambezi?? Hope all is well up north! Saludos, Lorenzo and the Fu crew!!! ~ y , buenas lineas!!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

What a trip! We had a wonderful week.
We loved waking up to the sound of the roaring river and the birds chirping. We started our day with espresso followed by a yoga session surrounded by majestic mountains. The days were full of adventures and when we arrived back to camp the drinks were cold and the hot tubs were hot!
The staff was kind, friendly, knowledgeable and fun.
Did I mention the food? Hot soup and fresh salad every night followed by a delicious themed dinner party.
This was a trip filled with new friends, old friends, music, laughter, adventure, relaxation and memories that will last a lifetime. I can't wait to do it again!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Hola!
Gracias por su carta! Thanks so much for your kind words and "sharing" your experience with futurre paddlers and adventurers! We look forward to having you back! nos vemos!
buenas lineas!
abrazos, Lorenzo and the Fu crew!!